Chapter 21

She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes;
Thus mellowed to that tender light
Which heaven to gaudy day denies.

- Lord Byron

I woke up because I heard Baby making whimpering noises next to me

I woke up because I heard Baby making whimpering noises next to me. I turned over and saw that she was still sleeping, but she was moving a lot and had kicked off the blankets. She was also really sweaty.

I push the blanket off myself and get off the bed going around to her side kneeling down in front of her face. My eyebrows furrow in concern as i bring my knuckle to her forehead feeling her temperature. I hiss when i feel how hot she is. She moans as she feels my cool hand on her hot head causing her to wake up.

"Master, i don't feel good" she whines looking up at me. I frown at her becoming even more concerned as she seems totally out of it. I quickly pull out my phone to call Doc holding it up to my ear as i push Baby's wet hair back off her face and stroke her cheek softly. Doc answers after two rings "What's up Prez?" He asks.

"Get over here quick Baby's sick she doesn't even know who i am" i tell him urgently. He tells me he'll be over in a few and we hang up.

"Baby" i whisper trying to wake her up. She moans again and turns to me "Master where have you been? Why'd you leave me?" She asks looking up at me with glossy eyes as a few tears run down her cheeks. Before i can say anything i hear a knock at the front door. Leaving Baby i head to door letting Doc in.

"Thanks for coming man she's burning up" i says leading him to my room.

"Its not problem Prez happy to help the little princess" he says causing me to slightly growl at the nickname he has given her. He just chuckles before walking into my room and to the bed to Baby. He begins to examine her by taking her temperature. He frowns as it beeps and he reads the number, worrying me even more, "What, what is it?" I ask, moving closer looking at her red cheeks.

"101.9" he says setting the thermometer down and grabbing his stethoscope out of his bag. He puts the ear pieces in and then presses it to multiple parts of her chest, listening.

He frowns again and i can't take the not knowing any longer.

"Well whats wrong with her?" I ask impatiently.

He sighs and turns to me "i believe she has caught a virus shes most likely more susceptible to getting them due to having a weak immune system which was caused by her never being let out of that room" he says feeling while pulling her eye lids back and shining the flash light into them.

"Why is she so out of it and calling me 'Master" i ask him as i sitting down on the bed beside her and rubbing her head trying to comfort her as she whines and coughs slightly in her sleep.