Chapter Six

Harvard was absolutely amazing. I finally made some friends. They were all interested in Art History, too. I was roommates with one of them. Her name was Molly. She and I bonded over our shared love of Marilyn Manson. She was also a fan of Falling in Reverse and Black Veil Brides, and when I told her that Ronnie was my dad, she totally flipped.

Our friendship grew from there. And soon enough, I felt like I finally had a best friend. It was nice.

Another thing I absolutely loved about Harvard, was Professor Rochester. Apparently, he knew my parents. I talked to my mom about him, and she told me that she used to have a little bit of a crush on him, and that dad used to have real hissy fits about him, even though she was absolutely in love with dad.

When my parents brought me here for Freshman orientation, they also showed me all the places where they used to hang out.

It felt nice seeing and living in the places of their shared history.

We called each other every day. I didn't see them until Halloween when Dorian was born, and I only stayed at home for a week when that happened. Then I came back here.

So now, I'll be seeing them for the first time in a month and a half. I'm on my way back home for Christmas, as we speak.

Both the distance and the time spent away from home, had a healing effect on me and my mental health. I've been feeling better than ever. Though going back home made me nervous. I was counting on Andy still avoiding me, and I didn't have any big expectations concerning his presence at our house over the following week.

When I arrived at our house and opened the door though, I was met with a shocking scene. There were three people sitting in our living room.

The tallest figure was sitting with his back against me, but when he heard the door closing behind me, he turned around.

Our eyes met, and everything I had neatly bottled up in the past nine months came bubbling back up.

"Hi," I breathed, putting my suitcase down.

"Hi sweetie!" Mom said, jumping up and hugging me. I looked over her shoulder and saw dad handing Dorian over to Andy and standing up to hug me too.

"It's really good to see you," they both said.

Andy joined us too and handed the baby back to my dad, who in turn asked me whether I wanted to hold my baby brother. I nodded enthusiastically, taking the baby. He was a lot bigger than I remembered him being, but he was still truly tiny. He opened his eyes and smiled at me. I don't think he did it on purpose though, because he was too young to have control over his facial expressions.

"He likes you," mom smiled. "I like him too," I joked.

Andy snickered and I looked up at him. His facial expression went back to serious.

I have no idea how I'll get through the week, if this is how it's going to be.

"Mom, can you take him? I have to go unpack," I excused myself and handed over my brother.

I grabbed my suitcase and went upstairs. As I was unpacking, I tried to think of a way to avoid interactions with Andy. Maybe if I spent most of my time in my room? Or outside smoking? But then I'd miss out on quality family time.

Ugh.

"Can I come in?" Andy's deep voice broke my thought process.

My heart skipped a beat at the sound. "Uh, yeah. S-sure," I stuttered.

There goes my plan.

He stood awkwardly behind me; I could feel it. I was still taking my clothing out of my suitcase and putting it in my closet.