Chapter Twelve

You know how a few days after my 19th birthday, I told Andy that I didn't care who he slept with? Oh boy, I guess my brain didn't get the memo in May when the tabloids were crawling with pictures of him with some blonde who he was apparently now dating. DATING. The man who doesn't do relationships was now in a, you've guessed it, RELATIONSHIP.

No, I am not overreacting. No, I am not putting too much faith into tabloids because my mom mentioned meeting the woman the other day when they apparently had a double date night with Andy and his new girlfriend.

"Oh, Hannah is so nice. She's 35, and she's also a musician. I think that Andy finally found a good one," she said when I asked her about it over the phone.

"Really? That's nice. How long have they been dating?" Stupid me asked her.

"I think they started around Valentine's."

HE STARTED DATING HER AROUND VALENTINE'S DAY. THAT'S FEBRUARY 14TH. THAT'S A WHOLE FUCKING MONTH BEFORE MY BIRTHDAY WHEN HE BOOKED A SUITE FOR THE TWO OF US WHERE WE HAD SEX WHILE HE WAS APPARENTLY ALREADY DATING HANNAH.

"Did you know in February?" I asked her, trying not to sound suspicious.

"No, your father and I only found out a few days before the news hit the rest of the world," she told me. By the sound of her voice, she wasn't too happy about that.

"Woah, I thought you guys told each other everything," I said.

"Apparently not. He said that he wanted to be sure about her before introducing her to us," she said.

"How did he meet her anyway?" I asked, apparently wanting the knots in my stomach to grow tighter and even more painful.

"At a gig. They were playing the same venue."

"How romantic," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Yeah, it's pretty adorable. I'm just happy that he's finally decided to settle down."

"I guess all of your pestering has finally gotten through to him," I forced a chuckle.

"Well, you know me sweetie, I always win," she laughed.

I finally cracked a genuine smile. My mom was really cute. She loves being right and she really loves getting her way.

"I guess there'll be more of us on Christmas. Pretty soon we'll run out of space on the floor," I joked.

"Not this year. Apparently, they've already made plans for a trip this Christmas."

And there it was. The thing I dreaded hearing the most.

"Really? That's a shame," I said. As I said it, I knew that there wasn't much time left before I started crying. My voice had already started quivering.

"Hey mom, I have to go now. My roommate is calling me. I love you guys. See you soon," I said. The second we hung up, I started sobbing.

That all happened two hours ago.

At the moment, me and my friends are at the bar, and I've already downed two rum and cokes. They keep asking what's wrong and I keep refusing to answer.

"You have to talk about it, Jo!" Molly told me.

"It's fine. I'll get over it. All I need right now is you guys and alcohol," I said.

"Alcohol can't solve your problems," Adam, one of my friends said.

"Oh? And since when are you an expert in psychology?" I asked sarcastically.

"There's no need to be rude," he said.

"I'm sorry. Look guys, can't we just have fun? Let's dance and drink some more," I said.