Chapter Nine

The three months after Christmas flew by really quickly. I went back to not seeing my family and missing out on all of Dorian's milestones. Though my parents did send me videos and photos.

He was growing quickly, and I felt bad about not being there at all.

The upside of Harvard were my friends, who started to feel like family to me. We spent all of our breaks together, met up for coffee every day, and we all went out every weekend.

It felt bittersweet being here. I guess that if I didn't have a baby brother growing up not knowing me back at home, I wouldn't feel the bitter part of it all.

I guess he'll have the opportunity to see me as his big sister over the summer holidays. Those are still three months away, though, and I have lots of exams in between.

What I also find worth mentioning is that Andy and I remained in touch, which is crazy.

I mean, he did say that we could talk from time to time if I ever needed him, but I tried not doing that.

Not that I didn't like talking to him, but I didn't want him to think that I was into him or anything. We never used to text all that much before we slept together, so I don't know why we should do that now.

It all began with an Instagram story I posted when I was at the campus bar with my friends.

He replied, asking whether they weren't checking IDs anymore, and I said that we have our ways of getting past that rule.

It sort of evolved from there. And there hasn't been a day in the past 2 months when we didn't exchange at least one text. I can't say that I didn't like it.

What I didn't like was when mom and dad called me to tell me that they couldn't make it here for my birthday. Apparently, Dorian was too young to travel by plane. It hurt, but I told them that I understood.

I didn't know how much I'd miss them until the actual day arrived.

I woke up on the 20th, and I saw that I had already received a bunch of messages. One of them was, of course, from my parents.

The one that was missing was the same one I didn't receive last year: Andy's. It was still early, though, so I didn't want to overreact just yet.

I locked my phone and got showered and dressed. I put on some light make-up, which had been a look I'd adopted since getting back from LA.

When I was finally done getting ready, I opened the bathroom door, fully expecting to see the still sleeping form of my roommate. But that was not the case. She was sitting up, with her back turned toward me. She didn't even turn around when I opened the door. I was going to ask her what was up, but then I noticed she wasn't alone.

"Holy shit, what are you doing here?" I asked, finally noticing the lean figure of a famous rockstar sitting on my messy bed. He smiled at me and stood up, opening his arms in an inviting way.

I ran toward him and hugged him tightly.

"I didn't know you were coming," I said, my voice muffled by his shoulder.

"Yeah, that is the exact point of surprising someone," he chuckled, his chest pleasantly vibrating at the action.

"You know I hate surprises," I said, releasing him from the hug and crossing my arms over my chest.

"Well, yeah. But given your reaction was that, I'm guessing it doesn't bother you, I'm here," he said smugly.

"That might be true, but a heads up would have been nice, mister."

"I know, but it's funnier this way. Anyway, I met your roommate," he said, changing the topic.

I finally turned around and faced Molly. She was red. Literally red. Her face was stuck in a surprised but also completely starstruck expression.