Chapter Fifteen

"Bean? Why is your door locked?" The muffled voice of my father woke me up the next morning. I jumped up and looked around.

Our clothing was scattered across the floor. I was naked, and so was Andy, who was still in my bed, obviously.

"Shit! Andy, wake up. You have to hide," I whisper yelled.

"Josie?" Dad knocked again.

"Sorry, dad, force of habit. I'll be right out," I told him.

"Andy, seriously, this is not a drill," I whispered and shook him. He finally woke up, and his eyes widened when he saw me.

"My dad is outside my door. Go hide in the shower. NOW," I told him. He nodded, got up, and grabbed his stuff. Meanwhile, I put on my pajamas. When I heard Andy close the adjoining bathroom door, I unlocked my door.

"What time is it? Why are you waking me up?" I asked dad.

"It's 10. Why was your door locked?" He asked again.

"I told you, it's a force of habit. I don't leave my door unlocked in my dorm. I gotta get used to this again," my excuse was lame, but whatever.

"Okay. Well, get your ass downstairs for breakfast. And go wake up Andy on the way," he said.

"Do I have to?" I whined.

"Yes. You were rude to him yesterday. Your mother told me. Apologize to him while you're at it."

"Daaaaaaad," I pretended to be annoyed.

"Don't you start with me, missy," he said and closed the door.

I sighed and went to my bathroom. There was something awfully funny about seeing a 42-year-old man hiding behind a shower curtain.

"It's safe to come out now," I laughed.

"So, a little bird told me I'm to expect an apology from you," he said, raising his eyebrow in amusement.

I flipped him off, and he laughed.

"I'm supposed to wake you up and tell you to come downstairs for breakfast," I told him.

"I have to shower first," he said suggestively.

"What a funny coincidence. So do I," I said.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me toward him.

"You know, I've really gotten into water preservation lately," he said.

"That is such a good cause to fight for," I said, putting my arms around his neck. He hoisted me up and pinned me with my back against the shower wall.

"But this really is the last time," I told him.

"I agree."

That was good enough for me. I am such a bad person. God, I hate myself. But I love doing this. Doing him, if you will.

Lucky for us, dad didn't come knocking on my door again. We had a quickie in the shower and got dressed, and it all went unnoticed.

We came downstairs together, both of us laughing at something Andy said.

"Good morning, you two. Did she apologize to you?" Mom asked Andy.

"Yes, ma'am. It was really not a big deal," he said.

That was good enough for mom, apparently. I wasn't the target of her anger anymore.

"So, what are your plans for today?" I asked everyone.

"I have to work on my book. The deadline is approaching, and I haven't had all that much time," mom said.

"I'll be babysitting Dorian. Not a very eventful activity," dad told me.