Chapter Twenty-two

Andy's POV

The few weeks leading up to Josie's graduation were gone in a flash. Suddenly, she wasn't baby Summers anymore. She was an adult with a degree, an art historian. I was so proud of how well she managed all her studying and socializing. She even had a part-time job at one of New York's more prominent Art Galleries.

We're all sitting in the banquet hall with a stage. It seems like a lifetime ago I was here last. Guess it has been 23 years or so since the gang graduated. Wes has been weeping for the past hour. Ever since we left the hotel.

"I can't believe my baby is all grown up," she keeps repeating.

"Summers, for the last time, we agreed that we wouldn't be these kinds of parents. Get a grip on yourself. Don't you remember how we made fun of all those parents who cried at our graduation?" Ronnie tried again. It was unsuccessful, of course. "I'm surprised you're not making a scene," I chuckled, nudging Ronnie between his ribs.

"Daddy cried in the hotel room," my favorite kid said. "Dorian! I told you not to tell anyone," Ronnie hissed at his son.

"But I'm not supposed to lie," the boy shrugged.

"That's right, little man," I snorted and high-fived him.

"Wes, Biersack is corrupting another one of our children," Ronnie whined, but his wife was unable to reply.

I have to admit that I almost cringed when Ronnie said I was corrupting his kids. It hit a bit closer to home than he could ever know. Yikes.

"Stop bickering. They're about to start calling the graduates on stage," Bella said.

All of us were here to celebrate with Josie. We were all her family, after all. Ronnie and Wesley had it rough growing up, and they created their own unconventional family with all of us being part of it. It feels special, and I know it'll mean the world to Jo when she hears us all rooting for her.

Many names were called before it was her turn. Both of her last names were at the end of the alphabet. By the time they called "Josephine Willow Summers Radke," Wes had already gotten a grip on herself, only to start sobbing again at the pride she felt. When Josie walked across the stage, we cheered and held up a huge sign with her baby picture on it. It read CONGRATS, BABY SUMMERS!!!!

Ronnie had to swallow his pride when we came up with the idea.

She looked our way and blushed with embarrassment. She did laugh, though. She waved at us when she walked down the stage. The rest of the ceremony took another half hour, and when it finally ended, our whole group of eleven people made our way toward the college graduate. We each congratulated her, and she chastised us for embarrassing her. She said her goodbyes to her friends and then we were joined by her boyfriend's family.

We all left together to grab lunch at a nearby restaurant. Josie rode in her parents' car, but her younger brother wanted to ride in Uncle Andy's car. Ruby also wanted to join us. I loved spending time with the two of them. We usually talked about cartoons, which I was fine with. I do admit that in the past few years, I've had to do my research when it came to the animated movie department. Sometimes, Jo and I would watch Disney movies together when we got to hang out.

"Uncle Andy?" Ruby interrupted my conversation with Dorian.

"Yes, Ruby?" I asked.

"Do you think Adam will ask Jo to marry him any time soon?" She asked.

I was taken aback by that question. I had to stop myself from saying, 'God, I hope not.'

"I don't know. Why do you ask?" I asked instead.