26

Blair's POV

"Look who's all lonely. Where are your parents now?" Jenna laughed along with her friend.

"They will come for me." I said in a low voice.

For some reason they found that amusing.

"No one is coming for you. You're going to rot in this hell hole." Maurine pointed her disgusting finger at me.

She and Jenna were adopted today, tomorrow they leave with their new family. For some reason they liked to brag about how unlucky the rest of us were for not getting adopted.

But I don't want to get adopted, though. I want to wait until my parents come for me. They have to come for me.

Their laughter was irritating me, who do they think they are? I stood up and looked directly at them, not lowering my gaze like most kids do or how I used to.

"Who do you think you are to talk to me like that?"

"Please we can talk-"

"Who do you think you are? Tell me. Tell me!" I yelled, getting really worked up. I could feel my heart beat going on a rampage, my blood burning through my veins. "If you have something smart to say then spit it out."

They looked freaked out more than anything but Jenna spoke up: "Why don't we teach Blair who she should respect?"

Maurine smirked and nodded.

But then both of them stopped. The look in their eyes changed into sudden fear.

Fear of what?

"You- you're a monster."

"Monster!" Maurine said and they ran away.

They feared me.

Then the scenery changed.

I was in my house with my foster parents, celebrating my birthday.

I'm so happy.

There's a knock on the door and I run to answer it.

Henry is standing there holding a bouquet of roses and a small box. We smile and I take the gifts. Put the roses in water and then we went to the living room where the rest of my friends and family are at.

Minutes later we head to my room were Henry and I just talked and gave each other fast kisses, filled with love.

I loved him, he loved me, we planned to get married.

And then every colorful and happy thought turned into obscure misery. A man with a mask breaks into our room, he punches Henry and then grabs me by the arm and throws me to the bed. I start yelling for my parents, friends and Henry but none come to help me as the man does what he pleases with me.

Then I see Henry get up, blood running from his lip and nose, a spark of hope that this would end fills me but then everything dies. Henry just looks shocked and mumbles a 'sorry' and runs away.

I smile miserably. A sorry isn't enough.

But I kept yelling.

"Ezra! Blair! Wake up!" the voice said.

"Wake up! Damn it, just do it!" Another voice said.

"Is she dead?"

"Wake up!"

I opened my eyes and smiled, my vision was blurry and I swear I saw my friends smiling at me. My vision cleared and I saw the 'walls' of the dungeon and Dorin together with Abel shaking me. I groaned a little to show them that I was still alive.