Chapter 13

There was another sharp knock on the door. "Come out right this minute, you two," the principal called out again.

Sebastian and I, still face to face and dripping wet just stared at each other in an absolute panic. We were so screwed! There was no way we weren't going to get into major trouble for this.

Suddenly, Sebastian pushed me softly up against the wall before raising a finger to his lips and mouthing 'shush, stay here.'

Then before I could wrap my head around what he was doing, he slid out from behind the door and out into the open.

I heard him clear his throat. "Hi, Principal Williams, I was just taking a shower. Is there a problem?" Sebastian asked in a chilled tone.

My brows furrowed. What the fuck was he doing?

"Yes, there is, a problem Diaz and you know it! Tell the girl you brought in here, to come out this minute," the principal snapped.

"There's no girl. What are you talking about? Why would I bring a girl into the boy's locker room?" Sebastian asked with a slight breath of laughter as though the notion was ridiculous to him.

Pausing, I realized something. Was Sebastian covering for me...? Or even weirder, protecting me?

But then again, he could also be lying to me only as a way to get himself out of trouble.

"Nice try, Diaz, but I saw you two enter through the security footage. And I think we both know the reason you might bring a girl in here," the principal said, his voice coming stern. "Now out of my way."

My heart jumped as I heard footsteps approach. "Hey, hang on a second, principal Williams," Sebastian started. "Just hear me out. I can-"

His words died into nothing as the principal rounded the corner, and came into my immediate view. I could see him, and he could definitely see me.

Still soaked, and leaned up against the wall of the shower, I swallowed nervously not even sure what to say.

"Erm, hi," I said meekly while raising a pathetic hand.

Principal William's eyes went from angry to frustrated to fed up in about a nanosecond as he looked back and forth between an equally looking embarrassed Sebastian and myself.

The principal let out a heavy sigh. "Diaz and Brooks, dry off and change. Then my office now!" he snapped.

Swallowing nervously, I let my eyes dart around to the pictures on the office shelf as I tried to avoid my principal's fierce like gaze. Sebastian and I had both dried off after our little shower spectacle and were sitting uncomfortably on two identical chairs in front of our principal's desk.

Since Sebastian idiotically soaked me from head to toe, he had offered me his way too big-sized hoody and sweatpants which I was sitting in now.

I was grateful for them at first, but now as the principal scanned the material of my quite obviously male clothing up and down, I realized that my new outfit only made things look that much worse.

Sebastian shuffled nervously on his chair as he equally avoided the intense stare-down our principal was giving us. I swear, to God, I don't think the man had even blinked yet.

Breaking the silence, Sebastian cleared his throat and lifted his head. "Look, sir, I can exp-"

"No, I'll speak first," the principal interrupted. "After all, I think we've heard enough lies from you today, Diaz," he said, shooting Sebastian a pointed look.