Chapter 58

Shuffling uncomfortably for the fifth time in my chair, I sat stiffly, unsure where to look entirely. Sebastian's mum had Sebastian and I sitting in identical chairs beside one another in her dining room while she sat livid on the opposite side of the table.

Nobody had said anything for the past ten minutes. Luckily for me, I was now fully clothed as Sebastian had kindly stolen me some old leggings from Lara's room to wear. I was glad to have had them, knowing the situation would be ten times more awkward if I didn't even have any trousers on.

"Well? I'm waiting for the explanation on what I just walked in on," Sebastian's mum finally snapped.

Sebastian finally cleared his throat and scratched the back of his neck. "Well....erm...Phoebe got locked out of her house and she wasn't near home anyway, so I let her stay the night...," he finally mumbled.

It was a complete and utter lie, but it was the pretty much only decent explanation we had at this point, so I appreciated him somewhat for making it up.

Sebastian's mum's forehead creased in irritation. "And how exactly did Phoebe getting locked out involve her clothes coming off Sebastian, huh? Or your tongue slipping down her throat?"

The bluntness of her words instantly had my face burning to the temperatures of hell.

Sebastian shifted uncomfortably before speaking. "Well....erm...I wasn't born with a lot of self-control....and erm...-"

I internally face-palmed myself.

"Oh hey, what's going on?" A voice called out from behind me. Turning around, I saw Sebastian's dad enter the room with a curious smile on his face. He gave an extra polite smile when he saw I was also there. The poor man had no idea the destructive chaos he was walking into.

Nobody smiled upon his greeting.

"Ask your son why he was late getting up this morning?" Sebastian's mum ordered sharply.

Mr Diaz looked awkwardly over to Sebastian. "Erm...what were you doing this morning, son?"

Sebastian looked stiffly at me, then his dad before staring off at the ground, looking like he wanted to be anywhere but here. Who could blame him?

"I was...erm...in bed with Phoebe, and we were erm...kissing and stuff...," Sebastian finally mumbled.

Mr Diaz blinked back at him emotionlessly. "Is that it?" he asked bluntly.

He turned to his wife in confusion. "Baby, the boy is eighteen now, this kind of thing is natural?" he assured her with a light smile. "And this is the first time he's done something like this."

"That we know of," Mrs Diaz corrected sharply. "This could be a regular thing for all we know."

I sunk lower in my chair in embarrassment and avoided contact with everyone at the table.

Mr Diaz let out a heavy sigh. "Well, honey the poor boy's been pinning after Phoebe here his whole life. I think he's earned one morning alone with her," his dad mused with a chuckle as he playfully slapped the back of Sebastian's head.

Well, this is awkward...

Sebastian stiffened and threw his dad a look of murder. "Dad," he gritted out threateningly.

Oblivious to his son's humiliation, Mr Diaz continued chuckling at the memory. "Don't you remember back when he was young and chatty, we could never get through a whole dinner, without hearing how smart, pretty, or interesting Phoebe was," he laughed. I cracked a smile lightly at this. If that was true, that was adorable.