Chapter 17

Once I'd said goodbye to the rest of the family, Sebastian's mum ordered him to walk me to the door. My brother wasn't coming with me, he said he was sleeping over at theirs. I truly hope for everyone in the house's sake that sleeping over, just meant sleeping. It was beyond me how Sebastian's mum was so cool with it, considering how panicked she seemed at the idea of me being pregnant.

"So," Sebastian said, glancing my way as he walked. "That was an interesting evening, wasn't it?"

Stopping by the door, I turned and plucked up an eyebrow. "Interesting? Your litter sister told everyone at the table that you were winking at me, and telling me to spread my legs."

Sebastian's mouth twitched into an amused smile. "Okay, fine, maybe a little bit more than interesting."

Just as I was about to say something else, I felt movement near my feet before something jumped up on my legs. I looked down in confusion and blinked down in shock at a small jack Russell dog who was clinging on hard to my leg while humping at it.

"What the hell?" I gasped as I tried to push it off. Instead of helping, I heard Sebastian let out a loud snort before laughter filled the room.

"Otto, come on down boy, sit" Sebastian called out with a chuckle.

His dog instantly listened to him and got off me before sitting by my feet – his tail still waggling eagerly away.

I looked up at Sebastian with narrowed eyes. "Did you train him to do that, or something?"

"What? No," he laughed. "I think my dog just likes you. He doesn't do that to anyone else. Well besides, your dog, of course....did she end up pregnant, by the way?" he asked, his brow raising amusedly.

"I don't know, she's supposed to go to the vet next week," I frowned. "But if she is pregnant, I want compensation and since you're a Vetty boy, you can be the one who delivers them."

Sebastian's lips lifted higher. "Vetty boy? Well, that's new," he snickered. "Nice to know someone's been paying attention to my aspirations," he teased.

I rolled my eyes at his arrogance. "Anyway, bye, I'll guess I'll see you at school," I said as I made a move for the door.

"Wait," Sebastian said suddenly. "Hmm," I said, turning back. "When do you plan on delivering your end of our bet," he smiled.

I stared at him blankly for a handful of seconds before suddenly remembering he was once again talking about the stupid deal I made to flash him my boobs. Not mildly amused, I gave him a flat stare.

"Goodbye Sebastian," I said before abruptly turning around and swinging open the door. Sebastian just laughed as I left through the door, further driving home my anger.

"You're not getting out of this but fine, see you later, Brooks," he laughed.

-----------------

Once the coach blew the whistle, I collapsed down on the gym floor in relief. Cheer conditioning was an absolute nightmare, and I personally wanted to punch the person who invented burpees in the face. But it was fine now– the whistle meant a five-minute break.

Dragging myself off the floor, I made my way over to the bottom of the bleachers where Ava sat drinking her water. It pissed me off, how relaxed she looked after that nightmare of a workout, but that was just Ava for you. There was a reason she was cheer captain after all.

"So," Ava sang with a smile as she slid closer to me on the bench. "Any luck in breaking up Max and his girlfriend yet?"

I lifted a brow. "Are you asking that in concern for me, or because you just want to date my older brother," I asked flatly.