Chapter 53

Moments after Ava and I rang the bell to the house, Leon's face appeared around the door. Ava and Leon instantly made awkward eye contact for an oddly lengthened amount of time before Ava finally looked away rapidly.

I cleared my throat to break up the uncomfortable silence. "Erm, hey," I sang brightly. Snapping out of the weird daze he was in, Leon stepped out of the way of the door. "Oh sorry, come in," he said as he gave us a polite smile.

Similarly like on Sebastian's birthday, Leon led us down the stairs of his house and down to the basement.

Soon enough the stairs gave a view to the little den that I remembered from a few weeks ago. My eyes drew to Sebastian's first, who was sitting on the sofa busily pouring himself a drink. Sat opposite to him was Blaire who had her feet cocked up on the coffee table while fiddling with the end of her hair.

The two of them glanced up at us as we started making out way down the last few steps.

Like usual my heart and stomach did the most stupid of somersaults the second Sebastian's eyes locked with mine. There was just something about the damn stupid way he looked at me, that always felt so intense. And now that feeling had tripled, now that I'd actually kissed him.

"Oh good, you guys are finally here," Blaire called out in relief.

As we made our way deeper into the room, I noticed Sebastian's eyes following me around the room while taking unsubtly quick glances of me up and down. No, Phoebe you do not like the way he is looking at you right now, you don't care at all. You are not at all thinking about how hot it was when he pinned you up against the wall this morning. You're ignoring him.

Looking around the room, I tried to analyze where to sit, and quickly decided on a solitary armchair, a decent few spaces away from Sebastian. I figured it was the safest place to sit since it was arguably the furthest, I could sit away from him, without leaving the room. Lord, knows that I'd proven I couldn't control myself around him.

Leon, a lot less fussy about choosing his seat flopped down on the sofa beside his sister, leaving Ava to take the only available space next to Sebastian. I couldn't help but feel a little jealous as she settled herself snugly in right next to him, wishing I could be in her place instead.

Once everyone was settled, Blaire sat forward in her seat with a smile. "So..any preferences for what we want to play?"

"Why don't we just play that stupid new game you bought, Truth it or consequence?" Sebastian suggested.

"Ooo, that sounds like It'll be fun," Ava added with a smile.

Blaire plucked up an amused brow and turned to Sebastian. "Really? You know a lot of the challenges for not telling the truth, are drink related, right? I thought you hated drinking," she scoffed.

"Yeah, I know," Sebastian shrugged. "That's why I'm going, to tell the truth."

Blaire just smiled before turning back to the rest of us. "So, is everyone else happy with the game then? It's basically like truth or dare but just with truths. You just pick a card, and if you can't handle the truth then you have to take a shot. It's a pretty simple game," she rambled in explanation.

"I'm sensing I don't really get an opinion on this," Leon mumbled flatly.

"And you'd be absolutely correct," Blaire replied with a patronizing wink. "And what about you, Phoebe? You in?" Blaire said as she turned to me.

I hesitated before speaking and shuffled nervously on the chair. "Er...yeah, I suppose," I said slowly. In all honesty, being forced to tell the truth in front of Sebastian was the last thing in the world I wanted to do. God, knows what kind of things might be written on those game cards.