Chapter 48

"Ma'am, I'm going to have to kindly ask you to hang up the phone. We do not believe you need a place at the California mental institute," the receptionist explained calmy through the phone.,

Hugging my knees to my chest on the bed in an attempt to soothe myself, I took a deep breath in and out. "Are you sure, you're sure?" I repeated back slowly.

"Yes, Ma'am, for the fifth time, what you are feeling is rational no matter how much you may have once hated the guy. It's nearly midnight darling, try to get some sleep."

Then like that the phone line went dead. Cursing, I threw the phone down onto the nightstand in frustration.

I had officially hit rock bottom. My feelings for Sebastian were no longer normal and were starting to become scary.

Tonight, I had been awoken after one of the most terrifying dreams of my life. Well, it definitely wasn't terrifying when I was experiencing the dream, quite the opposite... but once I woke up I was truly and utterly disgusted at myself. I had my first wet dream, and it was all about Sebastian.

The dream had started off all innocent enough with the two of us playing video games together, and then boom out of nowhere he just gave me this look, and the next thing I knew he was pulling my clothes off. And god it was so bad...

Since I'd seen him naked in real life, the images I was able to produce in my head were dangerously vivid. I didn't even know I was capable of dreaming up things such as that, and it was a mystery to me how I was ever supposed to look Sebastian in the eye again. I was such a fucking pervert.

If Sebastian ever found out I'd dreamed of him that way, he'd never ever let me live it down, and understandably so.

That's why I called the mental institute. The dream was the final straw for me. It was bad enough that all week at school, I could barely hold a conversation with him without intrusive thoughts of kissing him popping into my mind.

I was like a ticking time bomb, and I knew one day or another I was going to say or do something stupid. And what made it worse was that I hadn't told anyone about it, in fear that it would somehow get back to him. I hadn't even told Ava I was so embarrassed.

Suddenly thinking of Ava, I then remembered she was supposed to be at one of our cheer friends' party tonight. Rolling back over to my nightstand, I picked up my phone and to my confusion saw that I had no messages from Ava at all.

Ava always texted me and sent pictures when she was at a party. It was what I always insisted she did, so I could ensure she was safe.

Sitting up straighter in slight panic, I decided then and there to call her, to give myself some peace of mind.

Quickly finding her contact I pressed call before holding the phone up to my ear. Normally Ava picked up in the first few rings but this time it just kept ringing and ringing and ringing. Eventually, her voice went to voicemail, and I groaned in annoyance and tried calling her again. No answer. On the third go, when I called her and still failed, I was fully panicked,

This time when the phone went to voicemail, I cleared my throat. "Hey, Ava, it's Phoebe. I haven't heard from you, so if you get this soon, I'm coming to the party to go check in on you. Please tell me you haven't done anything dangerous," I begged into the phone.

She had told her parents she was sleeping over at mine tonight, so I knew I was really fucked if I didn't figure out what she was doing, and fast.

Swinging my legs out of bed, I rushed over to my wardrobe and started throwing on an old jumper, and jeans at random, not even caring what I looked like.