Chapter 28

For the rest of the evening, we ended up playing five more games or so before deciding to call it quits, and head home. And though I hated to admit it, I genuinely had a good time with him. He wasn't too obnoxious or annoying; he was just fun. The weirdest thing of all was that we never even ended up finding Max or Lara in the end, so our plan to 'ruin their date' ended up being an absolute failure.

Now the two of us were heading back in his car after having stopped for cookie-dough ice cream. I was still eating my tub, but Sebastian was forced to stop eating as he couldn't eat and drive.

"Hmm," I moaned, as I slid a particularly nice bit of my ice cream off my spoon and into my mouth.

"You sound like a porn star," Sebastian said simply and flatly.

I briefly stopped eating, to shoot Sebastian a dirty look. I narrowed my eyes at him. "Thanks, Sebastian just what every girl wants to hear," I spat sarcastically.

He took his eyes briefly over the road to smirk at me. "You're welcome," he winked.

I looked him up and down, unimpressed. "You know, you're awfully cocky for someone whose ice cream is melting. I hope you enjoy eating your slushy milk later," I laughed as I glanced down to his indeed rather melted-looking tub in the cup holder.

"How about you make yourself useful and feed me some then," Sebastian said with a smile as he nodded his head down to his ice cream.

"No way, I'm not feeding you, get lost," I laughed with a scoff.

Sebastian shot me a spiteful look. "Well, in that case, this is now confiscated. Before I got a chance to react, Sebastian's arm lurched across the center console and snatched my tub right out of my hand.

"Hey," I yelled.

I tried to reach to snatch it back, but Sebastian quickly placed it out of reach on the cup rest on his side of the door. Well, I technically could reach it but I didn't exactly feel like reaching over him and engaging him in a weird wrestling match while he was driving.

"You get it back if you feed me," he bargained.

There was a moment of silence as I sat staring at him stubbornly. "Fine," I finally mumbled reluctantly.

Snatching his tub from the cup holder, I scooped up as much ice cream as I could onto his spoon before leaning over him so I could raise it up to his lips. Sebastian instantly opened his mouth and slid it cleanly off the spoon. My fingers accidentally brushed his lips in the process causing my heart to embarrassingly jump up a little.

Three more times, I continued to feed him spoon after spoon like he was some kind of pharaoh. I could tell he was getting cocky about me basically acting like his personal servant, as his smile grew after every spoonful.

"Hmm, I could get used to this," Sebastian teased.

I immediately stopped and glared at him head-on. "And on that note, I'm done," I snapped as I plonked his spoon back into the tub.

"I've fed you now so pay up, and give me back my ice cream," I ordered as I held up an expectant hand.

Sebastian rolled his eyes and reluctantly returned my ice cream tub back to me.

The rest of the ride passed by surprisingly quickly and before I knew it, Sebastian was pulling the car through the familiar gates of my home.

Sebastian parked the car up nicely right outside the front of my house. Once he'd turned off the engine, I slowly unbuckled my seat before turning to face him.

"Well, this was...erm...interesting," I said with an awkward smile. It was all I could think to say. As much as I hated to admit it, I couldn't shake my awkwardness at the fact this very much felt like the end of a date.