Chapter 49

A shiver of fear ran down my spine as I fully processed what she'd just said. Then slowly second by second as I listened to Ava continually sob, that fear turned to anger.

"I'm going to kill him," I stated simply and firmly, scared by how much I meant it. That sick fuck was going to pay for daring to hurt my best friend.

Ava suddenly looked up at me and started shaking her head frantically. "No, Phoebe, wait, he might hurt you-"

Ignoring her, I rose to my feet and started striding my way to the door. I heard Ava push herself off the bed, and start to rush her way after me. "Phoebe, stop," she said slightly louder.

Flinging open the door, I was met with the curious eyes of Sebastian and Leon staring back at me as they leaned against the staircase banister.

Sebastian's brow knitted together in confusion. "Where are you going?" he asked, as he looked me up and down. I ignored the way the concern and softness in his eyes, made my stomach flip. This wasn't the time.

I plastered a fake smile onto my face. "To kill, Jordan, now if you'll excuse me," I said as I side-stepped out of his way.

His hand easily slid around my waist before I could get more than two steps away and tugged me back to him. "Woah, hold on, why?" Sebastian said as he turned me back around to face him.

Meeting back his eyes, I swallowed hard then looked anxiously over to Ava in the doorway, not sure if I could say anything.

"Because," Ava sighed, stepping forward slightly. "Jordan took pictures of me when I was sleeping without my permission. Inappropriate pictures...," she trailed off with a thick swallow while rapidly avoiding everyone's eyes.

It broke my heart to see how embarrassed and ashamed she looked for something that wasn't even her fault.

Leon's eyes suddenly turned overwhelmingly cold, and his jaw locked so tight I feared it would break. "Phoebe's right let's kill him," he stated matter of factly. Sebastian looking equally as pissed nodded his head in support of Leon's idea.

Not needing any more confirmation to go ahead other than that, I ripped myself free from Sebastian's hold and rushed my way down the stairs with the mission of smacking the shit out of Jordan at the top of my mind.

"Phoebe," Sebastian yelled after me.

Taking the stairs two at a time, I quickly found myself at the bottom in record time and rounded the corner of the corridor to the living room where I knew the square-haired prick was sitting.

My eyes locked on Jordan almost immediately. He was still sitting on the sofa, chatting, and laughing with a beer in his hand.

Marching my way over to him, he briefly looked up as he saw me approaching. His lips lifted into a smirk, but he didn't get a chance to say anything before I reached over to him and slapped his cup right out of his hand.

He jerked back in shock as his beer splashed all over his lap, soaking him to the point where he looked like he peed his pants.

"Delete it," I snapped.

Everyone on the surrounding sofas silenced at my action and I could feel their curious eyes all drift our way.

Jordan looked up at me with a scowl. "The fuck is wrong with you, you crazy bitch?"

"What the hell did you just call her?" A voice snapped angrily from behind me. I recognized Sebastian's voice before he came into view. He wasted no time before stepping up beside me and leering down at Jordan.

It was a shock to see him looking so furiously worked up as it wasn't Sebastian's normal manner at all. He was extremely cool and collected near to ninety percent of the time, so to see him like this was shocking.