Chapter 42

Now tucked up in the passenger-side seat beside Sebastian, I stared out the window in silence as I reflected on what had just taken place.

The second Sebastian had got to me in the parking lot, he had tried to angrily drill me with questions about where Jordan had gone and why he had left me there. I'd brushed off all his questions, and just quietly asked him to take me home, too upset to explain to him the details.

It was because at the end of the day, he had been one hundred percent right about Jordan, and the last thing I wanted to hear was him throwing me a whole heap of I 'told you so's.

Luckily for me, after seeing the panic on my face, Sebastian had seemed to drop his angry question demeanour and was now just quietly driving me home. It didn't take a genius though to figure out he was still angry and filled with questions from the tense way he was gripping the steering wheel and how he kept glancing over at me every five seconds.

Finally, Sebastian pulled up to my house and came to a silent stop on my driveway. Once we were parked, none of us made any move to leave and just sat there in continued silence.

Unable to reign in my own curiosity, I glanced his way, a question playing on my mind.

"How did you know I was there?" I asked, softly breaking the silence.

He remained silent for a bit as though debating whether to answer before he gently rolled his eyes. "I followed you, okay," he snapped, a muscle in his jaw jumping. "And before you start, I had to. I don't trust that bastard for a second, not with you. And I don't care if that makes me some kind of pyscho but-"

"Thank you," I interrupted him, genuinely meaning it.

Looking over at me, Sebastian looked my way and stared at me for quite some time. "Never thought you'd be thanking me for stalking you," he finally mumbled, his lips twitching. "But no problem."

The car then drifted into a few more seconds of silence before I finally let out a heavy sigh. "You know, you were right," I mumbled, still staring forward. "He..erm, stopped at that stupid car park and tried to kiss me-"

"Yeah, I saw that," Sebastian snapped bitterly. He let out a breath, a frustrated one. "But sorry continue."

"Well, he erm...didn't seem to take my rejection very way and basically implied that I was teasing him, and how it didn't make sense how I was acting because apparently, I'm a slut for you," I spat out in a bitter laugh. "And basically long, story short when he gave me an ultimatum to get out of his car or fuck him, the decision wasn't exactly hard to make."

The second I was done, Sebastian's brows pulled together so hard, I'm surprised he didn't sprain himself. "How the fuck did you tease him? By making fucking eye contact and smiling?" he spat sarcastically. "What a pathetic piece of shit."

Turning to look at me properly, Sebastian's eyes softened in concern. "I'm so sorry, that happened. It's my fault, I never should have let you leave with him in the first place," he mumbled.

For the first time in half an hour, I found my mouth twitching up into an amused smile. "How is it your fault? It's not like you have control over my body and can stop me?" I laughed.

"Yeah, well I could have had some sense to at least pretend to pass out or something, so you'd be forced to look after me and not leave," he commented, looking back at me with a smile of his own.

I plucked up a brow. "Would you seriously have done that?" I asked with a smile.

"Without hesitation, if I had known he'd do something like this," Sebastian scoffed with a shameless shrug.