Chapter XVII

Jeongguk is now laying on the carpeted floor where he usually sleeps for the past 1 month and 2 weeks. He was tired because of the hours of shopping with his wife, but it was worth it because the older was pampering him like a real wife does to their husband.

Most importantly, he couldn't even move on from their kiss at the mall. It keeps on replaying inside his head repeatedly. keeping him all mushy and giddy all the time.

But despite of these things, the bunny have been all pouty until now because after their beautiful and passionate kiss, his wife just acted like nothing have happened between them and continue with their shopping. Making Jeongguk think that their kiss wasn't special for Taehyung as it is for him. Maybe because he was a terrible kisser and his wife didn't enjoy it?

"But it's.. it's.. Gukkie's fwirst kiss.. Gukkie nweeds pwactice to kiss wifey bwetter" the bunny mumbled to himself. A huge pout visible on his face, already overanalyzing things that his little brain could think of.

Nonetheless he is still over the moon because his wife is finally talking to him and cares for him because the older punishes people who hurt him. It just made the bunny fall deeper and deeper for his wife.

He giggled cutely and look at the white ceiling to remember the events that have occurred awhile ago.

Flashback

At home

"Wifey.. thawnk you fwor bwuying Gukkie stuffs... Gukkie loves you.. and gukkie pwomise that..that he will work hard.. then gukkie cwan bwuy wifey more stuffs too.." the bunny said once the both of them finally arrived at their home. The couple was currently sitting on the living room.

"Don't mention it, and speaking of work. What is your job? when did you start working? And where?" Taehyung started throwing questions at the bunny. Curious and worried about what kind of job his husband has been working.

"Too mwany qwues..tions wifey~~" the bunny whined, as he scratched his coconut head cutely. When he failed to grasp all of his wife's questions.

"Sigh* what a big baby" Tae muttered to himself

"Ok start answering the question of what kind of job do you have?" He again questioned the bunny. This time a little bit slowly so the younger could understand him.

"Ow! Ajussi swaid that Gukkie's work is stweet sweeper! So gukkie sweep the pwark and trimmed gwasses..." Jeongguk explained animatedly, with his sparkling big doe eyes.

"And ow! Gukkie awso cweaned fishes house,! cwarry blocks..bwuy ajussi's food.. cweaned bathwooms...and...and mwany more! Ajussi tell Gukkie is hadwoking bunny!" The suddenly excited bunny listed all the things he do at work. Being proud and genuinely happy for himself because someone had praised him.

"What?! You're only a street sweeper? And you do all of that things?!" His wife replied furiously, his eyes looks like it was spitting fire on how angry he is. Now he already got the answer on why his husband looks so tired for the past weeks.

"Wifey mwad? Is..is Gukkie's work bwad?" The bunny bunny asked hesitantly, literally getting scared of his wife's angry demeanor. An angry tiger is not a good thing.

"YES! It's the worst!" The angry male spat venomously, which made the bunny bow his head in shame and sadness.

"Sowwy wifey...when gukkie looks fwor jobs pweople said thwey don't like Gukkie.. be..because.. Gukkie stwupid and fwilthy bunny....and ajussi nwice...he gwives gukkie work..a-and
gwives $3 sawary evwyday...b-but if wifey don't like it...bun will fwind other work..." The sad bunny explained lowly, playing with his chubby but long fingers. Afraid to look into his wife's face, just to see disgust in them. It always hurt him everytime he saw those look In his wife's face.

And for the first time after their marriage Taehyung just wanted to encase the naive bunny in his arms and protect him from every harmful things in the world.

His heart clenched painfully upon seeing the bubbly and joyous younger this insecure. And his heart bleeds heavily after knowing his husband getting discriminated and insulted by other people.

His husband is nothing but a kind and sweet bunny to everyone, yet other people took advantage of his innocence just because he was a hybrid and on top of that he is a slow thinker. This made him want to murder everyone of them. And he knows he could do that with just a single order from him.

But to say that Taehyung felt like the biggest hypocrite in the world is an understatement. He is just exactly like those people. He despise poor and stupid people. He don't want to be on the same space with them. That's why he hated the bunny at first glance, he would insult and say many mean things to his husband because he was disgusted of being married to a hybrid. but it wasn't really easy to hate the younger, because he has to be the most adorable and sweetest person Tae had ever met.

And now, knowing that his husband was being treated poorly and being taken advantage off made Taehyung felt something he never felt before. A feeling of possessiveness and protectiveness for the bunny arose within Taehyung's being.

And Tae now concludes that he wouldn't let anyone harm the bunny. He's his husband after all so it's just appreciate to protect him.

With this thought, he stood up from his sit and went close to the bunny who was still hanging his head low because of insecurities.

Jeongguk got surprised when he felt a weight on his lap and his head suddenly being lifted up.

"No, bunny. I'm not mad at you. I'm mad at those people, specially that fucking Ajussi! I will make sure that he will pay for making you went through all those things.." Tae said softly, as he cupped the bunny's cheeks to make him look straight into his eyes, and make him see how sincere he is.

"Pway? W-why ajussi pwaying? H-he pway gukkie fwor working...." Answered by the bunny which made Taehyung want to bang his own head to the wall. He always forgot how slow the bunny is.

"Nevermind. Starting from now on, you will not work anymore. You will just stay in his house. Are we clear?" Taehyung decided. He was still guilty for lashing out on the bunny last time. Because of him the bunny was forced to look for a job.

"Noooo.. wifey... Gukkie wants to work and...helwp h-hyungie with ex...expwenses... Gukkie awso want to buy gwifts fwor wifey." Jeongguk disagree with earned him a glare from the older.

"No is no Jeongguk. If you really want to work and help me, then apply being my husband. I will surely hire you and pay you a lot." Taehyung said seriously as he stood up and went straight to his bedroom to hide his red cheeks. He didn't know the bunny already saw him blushing.

"What's wong with wifeyy?" The bunny asked himself, looking at Taehyung's retreating back.

Jeongguk was too consumed with his beautiful thoughts, that he slowly fell asleep. Smiling widely that he almost look like a fool. But he didn't care his heart his completely satisfied with his interaction with his wife.