THE OVERWHELMING ROUTINE

Oliver
Big sis Aria!

I quickly turn around and see a little boy no older than 7 years old entering the library. He rushes to me, but when he arrives I put a finger on my lips, shushing him down.

Aria
Slow down, little one. Remember that this is a library, so no screaming and running around.

Oliver
Hehe, sorry... So uh, I came here to give back some books my momma borrowed last week.

He opened his backpack and gave me three thick books. I'll never get used to it, his mother is so fast at reading that it even terrifies me a little!

Oliver
Big sis Aria, why do you work here? Is so quiet and boring.

I looked down at him, he was staring at me curiously.

Aria
Well... I have loved books since I can remember. I can't help but feel at home here, so why wouldn't I work here as well?

I answered the child with a sweet smile and patted his head. It's true, I love books... but that's not why I work here.

Aria
(I can't tell him that I work here to survive... Oliver is just 7 years old, he would never and doesn't even need to understand that yet.)

Oliver
I like you, big sis Aria. You love books just like my momma, and you're very kind to me. When I grow up, I will marry you!

Aria
Hahaha of course... guess I'll have to wait for you, then.

After he was gone, I closed the library a few hours later. I made sure every book was in place and every computer was shut down. 

As I shut down the computers, I could see that some were logged in to some video games like League of Legends, Resort Empire, Genshin Impact, and such.

Aria
( Kids these days love this kind of stuff, huh? I can't complain, I also like it. But because of work, I never had time to play, just to hear about it. Also... some teens ask for my advice on this "Genshin Impact '' game sometimes, so I consequently have basic knowledge of what it's about. )

I finally found myself walking on an empty road after closing the library. The sun was long gone, now the stars, full moon, and light poles were my sources of light.

Today was a very long day, but it was just my routine. Wake up, work at the café, take care of the twins, go to the library, and go home.

Waitress, nanny, and temporary librarian in one day every day.

Yes, I worked three jobs. But again, it's just my routine. I have to work as hard as possible to gain money and don't be homeless.

But today, I decided to make something different. I do this sometimes as a weekly task. I gained extra money today, so I bought canned tuna.

It's not for me, of course.

I arrived at a park and crouched next to a tree.

Aria
Little kitty?... It's me, baby, come out.

Slowly, a three-month-old kitten peeked his head out of the tree hole. When it recognized me, came down to me meowing happily right away.

Aria
Guess what I have for you today? Ta-da! Here you go, enjoy your meal!~

I showed the canned tuna and opened it. The kitten smelled it and started eating while I patted its soft ginger fur.

Aria
( It's such a shame that I can't bring him home with me. There is no problem with the neighbours, I just barely stop at home, and the thought of having a baby kitten that requires attention in my small apartment all alone gives me the shivers... )