THE KING SHALL BELIEVE IN THE MAIDEN'S LIES

I panted heavily as I ran. Diluc's arm was above my head to cover me. Just like I thought, it started to rain, and since it would take more time to go back to Mondstadt, I had no choice but to go to Dawn Winery with Diluc.

What he said to me just a few minutes ago had gotten inside my head really badly. And the worst part is... he's right. I am a naive weakling.

I'm so sad about the two Fatui guys that were killed, but... what if Master Diluc is right? What if they were pure evil and deceiving me all along? If that's the case, then... I suppose Diluc did the right thing. He was just fulfilling his duty to protect the winery... right?

Though I still believe with all my faith that there still might be good people out there... even if they're part of the Fatui. Just because they are part of something bad, doesn't mean they're as bad as it. Nobody knows what exactly made them join the Fatui, after all... Maybe I'm being too naive again...?

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Diluc click his tongue annoyed.

Diluc
We're going to get sick if you keep this slow pace. Move faster, Aria.

Aria
Move faster? I'm running as fast as I can!

My voice was a little groggy and breathless from wheezing and panting so much. As much as I try to run faster, it looks like Diluc is just speedwalking! Diluc rolled his eyes and, to my surprise, grabbed my waist and threw me on his shoulder like a potato sack. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to blush or panic.

Aria
W-Waahh?! M-Master Diluc?!! What are you doing, s-slow down!!

Aria
(How the heck is he running so fast?! He's as fast as a car!!)

Diluc
Stop yelling, you're too close to my head.

Aria
S-Sorry...!

We arrived at the mansion in just a few seconds. The maids looked at us with shocked and confused expressions, but welcomed us professionally either way. Diluc finally put me down and my legs gave up. I just sat on my knees, trying to process what happened with my face as red as a strawberry.

Diluc
It seems like the storm won't stop so early. You'll sleep here tonight.

Aria
E-Eh?!

Adelinde
Master Diluc, what happened? Wait, is that... miss Liddell?!

Diluc
Adelinde, please run a bath and prepare the guest bedroom for her. I'll be in my office if you need me.

He said, taking his gloves and wet coat off. He also untied his long red hair, it was soaking wet.

Adelinde
...Yes sir.

He walked up the stairs without looking back. However, I couldn't help but stare at his back with curiosity.

Aria
(Master Diluc sounds so professional and elegant talking like that. As if he's already used to it his entire life... maybe he is, though. He also went to his office the second we arrived... I hope Master Diluc isn't overworking himself.)

Adelinde
Come with me, miss Liddell. We should get you out of these wet clothes as soon as possible.

Aria
Ah, y-yes.