CHAOTIC BEGINNING

???
Cavi... Gupa... Muumei... Gael...

Aria
Eh...?

My mind was a bit cloudy, but I forced myself to open my eyes. As if I wasn't even supposed to be surprised anymore, I couldn't see a thing and my arms were tied down by slimy but very resistent ropes that held me still, so low that forced me to kneel on the cold and uncomfortably soft floor.

???
So many fallen... so many worlds lost because of greed. And yet... my sweet, sweet little plaything...

I felt the presence of something dark and menacing growing closer and more powerful.

???
Through all this time I've been watching you, I've been asking myself the same question over and over...

I felt a finger hook under my chin and tilt my head up.

???
Will you, in the end... be one of the fallen?

Aria
Thank you very much.

I thank Blanche as she handed me the groceries I ordered and left her payment on the counter before walking away.

It's been two days since I last saw Diluc. I haven't seen him at the bar or anywhere else I was allowed to look for.

Aria
(Maybe he's just busy with work...)

I sigh and walk home.

Aria
(I shouldn't worry. It's none of my business, and a grown man such as Diluc is more than capable to take care of himself. Time to worry about my own life......)

I get home and put the groceries on the kitchen counter, looking for what I'd need at the moment.

Aria
I think I wanna try something new today...

I washed my hands and some vegetables. Then, grabbed a kitchen knife and started to chop pieces of cabbage.

Aria
(Crab, ham & vaggie bake! Delicious and nutricious, just perfect.)

I hummed happily to a random song that came to my mind as I chopped everything into small cubes. Some minutes later, when everything was set and all the necessary ingredients were used, I put the plate inside the hot oven.

Aria
Haah...! Job done! I'll wash the dishes while it's inside the oven...

I roll up my sleeves and wash the dirty dishes and cluttery I used. As I used the cold water and sponge to wash the plates, I couldn't help but let my mind wander off a bit.

Aria
(It's been a while since I visited Paimon and Traveler. How long has it been? A month? Maybe two...? I can't really remember. I promised to visit them again, but so much has happened...)

Before I knew it, I finished washing the dishes and rested by the window, waiting for the crab, ham & veggie bake to be ready. Though there wasn't much left to do at the moment.

Aria
(They'll be upset if I break my promise. Hmm... I should totally visit them today. Yeah...! Maybe I could also bring some of the crab, ham & veggie bake for us to eat together. I can't wait to know what Traveler has been up to while I was---)

Aria
What in the world...

While I was lost in thoughts, I noticed something was gliding through the sky just a few meters from my home, over the buildings and houses of Mondstadt. I watched dumbfounded, but widened my eyes once I realized that the something was actually a familiar someone.