MEMORIES

The reddish-orange tones of the golden hour were shining through the windows of a library. The smell of books, pines, and vanilla was able to put anyone at ease, and that also was a big help to preserve the silence.

At the end of a large hallway of bookshelves, there was a young woman no older than 19 years old, though she looked a little younger than that, putting some books back in their places. Her light brown shoulder-length hair was tied in a low ponytail with red lace that matched her uniform.

Her name was Aria. It's been just a few weeks since she got the job as a temporary librarian, but anyone could tell she was doing just great. People said she was too young to work so much, but she didn't care. Aria had her own reasons to become a workaholic wannabe, very good reasons.

But pay no mind to her past. All that mattered to her at that moment was her special task. Her boss asked her to watch her son and supervise his studies while she was gone.

Aria
(That kid is just 12 years old, it shouldn't be hard to... hm!?)

Aaannnnnd there it was. The reason why he needed to be supervised - procrastination. His notebooks were now closed, and the computer screen was white with some symbols she had never seen, perhaps a loading screen. Sighing, she walked to the young boy. He tilted his head to the left when he heard her shoes clacking on the wooden floor.

Kel
Look, in my defense, I already finished studying. And doing my homework.

He said, raising both his hands above his head. Aria placed one hand on her hip and raised a brow at the nervous boy.

Aria
All right, then. Show me.

Kel gave her the notebook that had a complete math homework. Aria looked through the pages and, to her surprise, saw that every question was answered correctly. Then, she asked a few questions about the subject of the test he would have the next day. A proud smile formed on her lips after the quick revision.

Kel
W-Well?

Aria
Hmm...... yeah, I think you'll be able to pass your exams.

The boy's nervous face was quickly replaced by a relieved and happy one. But before he could make a small victory dance, Aria interrupted him.

Aria
But! I still think it's still early to call it a day. Take a 30-minute break and go back to your studies.

Kel
Hmmm... fine...

Then, the game finished loading. The screen showed a blonde boy wearing white and black clothes with some light blue details. He was next to a statue in front of a big tree, surrounded by nature. Aria tilted her head to the side. She had never seen the such game before.

Aria
...Who's that?

After hearing her question, Kel couldn't help but gasp and look at her with wide eyes. He had waited a lifetime for this moment. Yes, that's right. Kel was standing in front of his first noob.

Kel
Y-You don't know? Why didn't you say it before? C'mere, I'll let you build your own party so I can show you the game.