WAKE UP

Lily
Let's try this shop, over there!

Michael
Hey, don't run so far off!

Aria 
(Huh…?)

I walk through busy streets alongside a couple of siblings. Twins, no older than 10 years old.

Aria 
(My arms… so heavy… haven't we bought too much already?)

Aria 
Lily, stay close to your brother and I.

The words that I just spoke came out so naturally that I almost got scared of myself.

Lily 
Okaaay!

The little girl slowed down her pace so we could catch up. For some reason, I didn't feel like freezing and trying to understand what was going on. I didn't want to.

Aria 
(Who are they? Was I supposed to know them? I swear I was just…)

Lily 
You're so mean, Mikey!

Michael
Don't call me that, you sound like a little kid trying to get in my nerves.

Lily 
Guess it makes us two little kids, then! Since we have the same age and all, why would you be any different?

Michael
Why, you…!

Aria 
No fighting, you two.

And there it was once again. The words came out of my mouth, as if they were my own. So naturally that I started to feel at ease.

Aria 
(Teyvat… was it all my imagination? My friends… were never real…?)

Lily 
Oh, man…! I just want all of these outfits!

Michael 
We were supposed to buy our school materials, how did we end up here…

Aria 

Aria 
(That's right… these two… they're the kids I've been babysitting this week… Tomorrow, I'll see if I can work in that café…. I'm just 17 years old… and…)

Aria 
…Nothing ever happened…

Michael 
…? Did you say something?

Aria
N-Nothing. Why don't you pick something from the store, too? 

He looked at me weirdly, but didn't insist and walked beside his sister, trying his best to stop her from carrying the whole store in her arms. 

The bags I was carrying were too many, I could barely hold them in my two arms. And yet, if it meant I could see them happy, I wouldn't mind to carry some more.

Lily 
Where to next, where to next…?

Michael 
There's no next after this one, Lily. This is the last shop.

Lily 
Eh!? Seriously!?

The last shop… that's right. That was it. We have visited every shop in turn, without fail. Just so there could be no doubt. Just so I could see them smiling happily. It was a one way street, so there was no turning back. I would never dare entering this street by myself. But for these kids, I…

Lily 
Hey, Aria?

Aria 
Hm? What is it?

Lily
You're gonna wake up very soon, won't you?