MIDNIGHT MYSTERIES

Aria
I can't sleep...

It's been a long time since I left Dragon Spine. It was early morning when Sucrose escorted me back to Mondstadt safely.

Needless to say Albedo payed me extra for the potion accident... and my day went on normally, with no alarms and no surprises.

But now that it was my bedtime... I couldn't bring myself to fall asleep. There was something I couldn't explain or understand that kept me awake. A familiar sense of dread was crawling under my skin, and I didn't like to not know why.

Aria
(Warm bedsheets, cozy nightgown, fresh skin after a much deserved long and relaxing bath... I feel tired and sleepy, so why can't I just...?)

Holding the bedsheets tightly and up to my chin, I furrowed my brows in conflict.

Aria
It must be because of... that person...

I sighed and rolled over on the bed, looking at the clock on the bedside table on my left.

Aria
(If I don't get any sleep soon, I definitely won't wake up as early as I always do. I should take some fresh air, that'll clear up my head...)

I sighed once more and got up from my bed, walking to the window and opening the courtains to let some air in.

It was cold and there was a soft breeze coming inside, soon taking over my room's temperature. It made me feel somewhat calmer, but still didn't put my mind at ease.

I leaned on the window and rested my head on my arms, a conflicted look in my eyes as I watched nothing in particular outside.

Aria
(Having those negative thoughts haunting me like ghosts won't make me sleep any sooner, but I can't seem to brush them away. I've been hiding my feelings for too long, now... just to think I'll have nightmares with that person again makes me too scared to sleep. I don't like this... why is this happening to me...?)

Aria
...?

While looking down at the empty and quiet street, I thought I saw something moving in the dark. I squinted my eyes to see if I could see better and stood up straight, a bit alarmed.

Aria
(There's no mistaking it... that's the silhuette of a man I see. But what would anyone be doing, wandering these dark streets so late at night and all alone...?)

I couldn't help but feel concerned and confused. I could finally take a better look once the mysterious man stepped into the light of a light pole. What I saw made me widen my eyes. Blonde hair, black clothes, cool cape and a mask that covered half of his face.

Aria
(That person doesn't look like a citizen of Mondstadt at all. And the design... he seems to be a playable character, not an ordinary NPC.)

I furrowed my brows, feeling a bit uneased and suspiscious about the mysterious man.

Aria
(Eh? He stopped walking out of a sudden.)

The mysterious man stopped on his tracks, almost as if frozen in place.

My breathing got stuck in my throat when I saw his blue eyes staring right at me.

Aria
(W-What is this feeling... I feel so intimidated that I can't move...!)

I gasped when his stare became more intense, his eyes narrowing as if he was pondering if I was a threat or trying to solve a hard puzzle.

Aria
(Wait a second... That eye pattern... it looks like--)

Aria
!!

Suddenly, flashes of memories not mine appeared beyond my eyes, disappearing just as fast as they appeared. Destroyed lands, dead soldiers, fights. The sky covered by clouds that didn't even have a normal color.