WOLVENDOM

My legs were shaking.
I was sweating bullets.
My breathing was unsteady.
Yet I was determined.

......Kinda.

Aria
O-Okay..... u-um...

I looked down and gulped at the height under my feet. One wrong step and I would fall to my death.

Aria
(Aaaaaaahhh........ T-Too high, I can't jump!! Wh-What if I can't open my glider?? Aaahhhh.......!!)

Yesterday, the bard slipped through my fingers and escaped when the sun rose. So I planned to busy myself until nighttime. When the night comes, I'll go back to Angel's Share. Hopefully, he'll be there just like yesterday. If not, I'll call it a day and look for him elsewhere the next day.

A few moments ago, I asked Amber to teach me how to glide. I could tell she was a little unsure, but she hid her nervousness with her typical energetic smile and agreed. Now I'm next to the Anemo Archon statue, next to the Cathedral, ready to jump. I closed my eyes shut and took a deep, shaky breath.

Aria
(Okay, remember Amber is waiting for you. Plus, YOU asked her to teach you how to glide. You got used to many weird things such as the monsters and your pocket dimension. This is nothing. You can... do this!!)

The next thing I knew was that the ground was no longer under my feet. The second I felt my stomach drop made I instinctively open my glider. I looked down with widened eyes, completely shocked at what I just did. The height was terrifying and I could see some people looking at me.

Aria
Aahh!! W-Woa....! Ahahaha!! Oh my god, I did it! I'm flying!

I mentally thanked my body for having a natural good balance and a grin appeared on my face. The feeling was terrifying, yet so fun! Then, I saw Amber a few meters below, next to Mondstadt's gates, and noticed how fast I was approaching the ground. Somehow, I managed to do a perfect landing.

Aria
Ahaha...! Amber did you see me? Did you see it? I was flying!

Amber
Yeah, I saw everything from down here. You did great, Aria! Almost better than me, even.

The way she said "almost" made me laugh and grin.

Aria
We should race someday since you seem so unsure.

Amber
Ahaha? Are you sure? I don't wanna make you cry when you lose, you know?

Aria
You just took the words from my mouth.

Her eyebrows raised a little.

Amber
You got very cocky since we last met, huh? Maybe you should avoid walking with Kaeya so much? Ahaha! But all right, someday we will race. You said you had your commissions to do, right?

Aria
Yeah, my 4 daily commissions.

Amber
Then you should do 'em! Who knows how long you'll take, you have just today. And I have some stuff to do too.

Aria
I guess you're right. See you later, then.

I waved goodbye to her and she walked away.

Aria
(Cocky? Huh... I don't think I'm cocky. I was just quiet when we first met, and we hadn't seen each other since then. Hm. I shouldn't think about it. I'll just check my commissions just like she said.)

I got my adventurer's book from my bag and looked at what I had to do.

Aria
(Give Brook 4 pieces of bacon... clean the Statue of the Seven at Dawn Winery... Oh. Gather 10 wolfhooks and 5 crystal cores for Sucrose's alchemical experiment. That's new. ....Who's Sucrose, though?)