Time of Death: 0249

Chapter disclaimers:
• Date rape/roofie drug use
• Implied gang rape
• Temporary character death
• Mild graphic depictions of violence

𝙾𝚑, 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝙸 𝚛𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚊𝚜 𝚌𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚊𝚜 𝚌𝚛𝚢𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚕.

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚢 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚢.

𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚞𝚕𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚍𝚊𝚢.

𝙰𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚕𝚕, 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚜𝚒𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚢 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚖𝚢𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏 𝚝𝚘 𝚊 𝚋𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚞𝚖𝚙 𝚘𝚏𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚍𝚐𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚊 𝚌𝚛𝚞𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚙.

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

Lee Felix

2:13 AM September 15, 2020

Happy birthday to me.

Accelerating down the flooded rural highway were hundreds of assorted vehicles, each one transporting individuals consumed in their own lives and pursuits. Each individual with their own story, their own futures.

Perhaps that red semi-compact vehicle was operated by a university student traveling back to her dorm after an exhilarating Tuesday night college party.

Perhaps that silver minivan was operated by a middle-aged father transporting himself, his wife, and his teenage daughter to the Daegu International Airport, fully packed and prepared for their red-eye to Japan.

Perhaps that black luxury SUV was operated by an up-and-coming entrepreneur traveling from Daegu to Seoul on business.

And then there was Lee Felix.

Blood seeped into the neckline of his already soaked black tank, the cotton material adhering to his lean figure like wax paper. He had been stripped of his insulating brown duffle coat minutes before, as well as his phone, his wallet, his watch, and the little dignity he had left in his frail body.

His delicate hand shook vigorously as he brought it to the open slit in his right eyebrow. The brunette winced upon contact, immediately retracting his blood-stained fingertips.

Approximately two hours earlier, Felix had ordered his first ever alcoholic beverage: a cosmopolitan cocktail as advised by his company, Choi Hyeon and friends.

"Cheers to Yongbokkie," Hyeon projected in the densely populated drinking establishment, rising to his feet and raising his glass. "Who has, as of 15 minutes ago, officially reached the age of legal majority."

Hyeon and the rest of the friend group, in addition to surrounding eavesdroppers, erupted in applause, whistles, and boisterous cheers.

Felix's freckled face reddened as he grinned sheepishly.

"Cheers," the brunette flushed, his cocktail glass soon joining his friends' glasses as they hovered above the friend group's reserved table.

The mass of beverage-filled glassware clinked together, the high-pitched sound ringing through the establishment's lively atmosphere like church bells.