If 'I Love You' Was a Promise

Greetings, my lovelies!! Tysm for tuning in:)

Hope you enjoy and happy reading<33

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

Kim Seungmin
11:27 PM September 22, 2020

"My birthday wish?

"Shit, I wish to get laid."

The nightclub atmosphere was impressively humid, courtesy of the moist bodies mingling about. On the dance floor's center was Kim Seungmin, 20 years of age.

Beneath the adult's palms was a petite young woman. She herself basked in a glaze of sweat, her movements effortless and irresistibly sultry.

Beneath the adult's palms was a fabric of pink iridescence. A magnetic bodycon dress, supported by two nude spaghetti straps. Seungmin intended to slip his fingers beneath those straps. Force them to her elbows, revealing the artistry beneath her collarbone.

Later.

At that moment, Seungmin was blinded by euphoria. His blood's soft buzz, which trickled throughout his anatomy and stimulated each nerve. The hypnotic waves of music, which crashed against his bones and rattled his world.

He needed this. Needed an interruption. A brief distraction. Momentary isolation.

He needed to part from his family, if only for one night. After all, he'd been balancing atop unstable terrain for approximately one week now and craved security. Nothing more and nothing less.

For approximately one week now, Stray Kids had been caught in an indefinite free fall, during which Chan had been establishing renovation plans. At his aide was Hyunjin, whose natural eye served well in such situations.

Minho and Jisung frolicked about, exposing themselves to the ever bustling metropolis and absorbing its culture like sponges.

Changbin continued to supervise vehicle operations, monitoring the pressure of all tires, inspecting the oil quality of each vehicle, maintaining gas levels, and so forth. Cemented to his hip was Jeongin, the tirelessly curious youth whose niche was becoming progressively evident.

Alas, Felix had yet to establish a position within the group. In fact, the Australian exhibited little interest in anything beyond the kitchen. He'd occasionally sit in on Hyunjin and Chan's discussions, and accompanied Minho and Jisung during their outings from time to time. On occasion, he'd even join Changbin and Jeongin. However, all reported that, despite completing each task without issue, Felix seemed rather robotic. Like his emotions were elsewhere, as Minho clarified.

Though each nomad intended to remain true to the rules, particularly rule number four...

"Don't force Felix to participate in any activities and conversations. Any induced discomfort will certainly not make a good impression."

...it was as if they'd been residing with a stranger.

Beyond his culinary expertise, very little was known about Felix. What does his sense of humor entail? In terms of style, does he abide by an aesthetic? Perhaps he finds interest in specific media. Podcasts? TV series? Films? Perhaps he prefers nature over media. Perhaps he enjoys hiking amongst wildlife and encountering the chorus of dollar birds.

Perhaps. Perhaps. Perhaps.

Alas, new information regarding Felix was impossible to come by. Thus far, his company had faced an opaque barrier. Stared upon its stout material as though it would burn under their gaze and offer them, at long last, a view beyond.