The Eighth

...*inhale*...
IM BACK😁🥳🎉
Apologies for the wait:/ I've been caught in a riptide of stress, deadlines, and depression for a FAT minute

But enough about me. At last, enjoy Chapter 12 of "Circumnavigate";)

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

Han Jisung
5:03 PM September 16, 2020

"Choi Hyeon?"

A forbidding, fixed timbre was housed in Chan's voice then, fists taut and gaze unyielding.

Hyeon's pupils swept the porch then, falling upon the equally unyielding gazes of Chan's company. On the eldest's left stood Jisung, and on his right, Jeongin. 

At last, the foe's eyes adhered to Jisung, his eyes widening and his stomach likely dropping from realization.

"Shit," he gasped, his irises frantic as the situation's gravity began to settle within.

Instinctually, the blonde reached for the door's edge. Chan's plans, however, differed from Hyeon's. The eldest Stray Kid slammed his palm against the wooden structure, prompting the shorter to flinch backward.

"The fuck you want?" He spat, his jaw protruding forth in a fruitless attempt to intimidate. "How'd you get this address?"

"A little birdie told me," Chan smiled, eyes rid of emotion as he readjusted his foothold. "Before he was, once again, abandoned on the freeway. Poor, useless soul."

His eyes grew distant as they adhered themselves to an insignificant wall. He then shook his head in reminiscence, pretending to recall something that never occurred.

"Okay, well why are you here?" Hyeon paraphrased himself, eyebrows wrinkled.

"'Cause you're in possession of something we want."

A momentary silence stretched on, Hyeon's expression indecipherable as he placed his weight against the doorframe. Then, he erupted into breathy laughter.

"Is this your idea of-," he paused to catch his breath. "Is this your idea of a robbery?"

"'S not your conventional mug," a midrange utterance reached Hyeon's ears then, prompting the latter to whip his attention toward the residence's interior.  "But screw conventional, am I right?"

Deeper within Hyeon's apartment stood Seungmin, Chinmae cemented to his front. Constricting the latter's neck was a familiar HDMI cable.

In the pair's wake, Hyunjin held a kitchen knife to Sanghun's carotid. One insignificant laceration and-,

"H-help," Chinmae choked, his fingers clawing at the cord compressing his airway. "G...g-hive them-,"

"Give them what they want," Sanghun cried, "Please."

Mouth agape, Hyeon's focus returned to Chan. A brew of alarm and rage reflected in his eyes.

"Son of a bitch," he spat, voice bubbling with emotion. "What do y-, they're young, man. Please don-,"

"Nothing has to change," Chan sympathetically expressed, his signature grin tainted with malice.  "Unless you deny our request."

Nervously darting his eyes from Chan to the scene in his wake, Hyeon remained silent. Jisung could more or less hear the gears turning within the foe's mind.

"Tell us...," Sanghun croaked, tears slithering down his cheeks. "...what you want. Then, we'll give it t-to you."

The brunette released an anguished sob then, his body rigid as to not shift toward agonizing death.