Gates of Neverbore

"Darling, how long do you intend on giving us the cold shoulder?" Morticia looked at her daughter, opposite her, as if she was being childish.

"Lurch, please remind my parents that I'm no longer speaking to them." Wednesday turned her head to look at said driver, without glancing at her parents.

Y/N smirked proudly at Wednesday, as Lurch grunted in response.

"I promise you, my little viper, you will love Nevermore. Won't she, Tish?" Gomez leaned forward before glancing back at his wife who nodded along.

"Of course. It's the perfect school for her." Morticia looked at Gomez, as she spoke, without even a glance at Wednesday.

"Going to Nevermore, will only result in you being forced to be in Mother's shadow. A replica, of her, if you will."

Wednesday glanced at Y/N from the corner of her eye, Y/N had always been reliable to her.

"Why? Because it was the perfect school for you? I have no interest in following in your footsteps. Becoming captain of the fencing team, Queen of the Dark Prom, President of the Séance Society." Wednesday kept full eye contact with her parents as she spoke, but Gomez had his gaze on Morticia, as she avoided looking at Wednesday directly.

"I merely meant that finally you will be among peers who understand you. Maybe you'll even make some friends." Morticia finally looked directly at Wednesday, as if friends was a very important thing.

Y/N gagged in distaste at the way her Mother spoke of friends and peers.

"Y/N understands me, and we prefer solitude. Other people only let you down." Wednesday turned to look at Y/N.

"Exactly." Y/N tilted her head at her parents.

"Oh, please, Wednesday. Your sister is merely one person, that only you can see. She's basically your imagination." Wednesday's frown deepened at her Mother's hurtful words.

"You've always been so ignorant. Even for an Addams."

"Nevermore is like no other boarding school." Gomez changed the subject before the tension got worse.

"Why? Because it's where you met?" Y/N was so sick of people making Wednesday's choices when she was capable of making her own.

"It's a magical place. It's where I met your Mother. And we fell in love." Gomez and Morticia stared into each other's eyes.

"Gross."

"You guys are making me nauseous. Not in a good way." Wednesday almost gagged, as her parents looked at her.

"Darling, we aren't the ones who got you expelled. Y/N did, with her Piranhas. That boy's family was going to file attempted murder charges. How would that have looked on your record?" Morticia sighed as she went back to looking out the window.

"I think it would've been bloody terrible." Y/N smirked.

"Terrible. Everyone would know I failed to get the job done." Wednesday realised glumly, and Morticia sighed in defeat.

After another minute of driving, Lurch drove through a gate, with the words, 'Nevermore Academy'.

"Great. We've arrived at Neverbore."