Pilgrim World

Let's assess, shall we? Bag over my head for optimal disorientation, wrists tied tight enough to cut off circulation, and no idea if I'm going to live or die.

The bag had been removed from Wednesday's head, there was a light in the centre of the room and people in purple cloaks standing in a circle.

"Meet the so called Nightshades. Terrible kidnappers and bad at hiding identities."

It's definitely my kind of party.

"Who dares breach our inner sanctum?" One of the man cloaked figures spoke up.

"You can take the mask off, Bianca." Wednesday looked dead ahead.

Bianca groaned, taking her hood off, and removing her mask, everyone else following her lead.

And just like that, my hopes were dashed against the rocks of bitter disappointment.

Bianca turned the projector light off, she was clearly annoyed.

My foe was no psychotic killer. More like a bunch of high school clowns.

"Wait, I preferred you with it on." Wednesday stared at Bianca.

"Amateurs."

"How did you get down here?" Xavier took a step forward.

"Rowan showed me. Left pocket." Wednesday glanced at her pocket.

Xavier walked over, grabbing paper from her pocket, he unfolded it to find a picture ripped from a book.

"I tracked the watermark to the Poe statue. Then I solved the riddle." Wednesday looked at all of them.

"Wait, there's a riddle? I thought we just snapped twice." Kent looked at his fellow Nightshades and they groaned shaking their heads.

"Well, aren't you, the brightest in the bunch?" Wednesday turned her attention to Kent as Y/N snatched the picture back from Xavier folding it up, only Xavier noticing.

"The Nightshades are an elite social club. Emphasis on elite." Bianca looked over at Wednesday blankly.

"Not possible, if you're a part of it."

"We have roof parties, campouts, the occasional midnight skinny dip." Yoko smirked at her friends.

"And Yoko's an amateur mixologist." Divina raised an eyebrow looking from Yoko to Wednesday.

"She makes a killer virgin mojito. It can get pretty wild." Ajax folded his arms as he nodded with a grin.

"Wow. Do you guys even have a bedtime?" Wednesday looked toward Ajax, Divina and Yoko, who frowned at her words.

"Last I heard, the Nightshades had been disbanded." Wednesday deadpanned looking at Bianca.

"Yeah, the group kind of lost its charter 30 years ago after some normie kid died." Xavier looked from his friends to Wednesday.

"But we have a lot of wealthy alumni, so Weems looks the other way as long as nobody makes any waves." Yoko turned to her friends.

"Someone like Rowan?" Wednesday interrupted.

"We booted that loser last semester. Question is, what are we gonna do with her? Only members are allowed in this library." Bianca brought all the attention back to Wednesday as Y/N rolled her eyes.

"I say we invite her to pledge." Xavier looked from Wednesday to Bianca.

"What?" Bianca stared at Xavier in disbelief, as the others muttered to each other quietly.