"The Story of Garrett Gates"

How well do we really know our parents? Take my father. I've always considered him an open book. A man given to misguided schemes and exaggerated displays of affection. But when he was a student, he was accused of a murder that took place right up there. Which leads me to wonder...what really happened that stormy night 32 years ago?

"Ah the fetid air of teenage angst. These were the best years of our lives, were they not, Tish?" Gomez got out of the car along with Morticia and Pugsley.

"They certainly were, mi cariño. I hope Wednesday's happy to see us. I left a dozen messages on her crystal ball. Still no reply." Morticia looked at the school with a sigh.

"Fret not, my pump lipped cupid. I'm sure she's dying to see us." Gomez kissed the top of Morticia's hand.

"Come on, let's go." Pugsley looked at his parents.

Wednesday and Y/N stood from their balcony watching their parents and Pugsley make their way into the school through Wednesday's telescope.

"Nevermore was created as a safe haven for our children to learn and to grow, no matter who or what they are." Everyone clapped as Weems spoke to everyone.

"I realise most of you have heard about the unfortunate incident involving one of our students. But I'm happy to report that Eugene is on the mend and is expected to make a full recovery. So let's focus on the positive and make this Parent's Weekend our very best yet." Principal Weems smiled widely at everyone as they applauded again.

"On the mend? Try in a coma." Wednesday folded her arms across her chest.

"Have you been to see him? You're his friend." Enid turned her head to look at Wednesday.

"I'm the reason he's in the hospital." Wednesday looked at Enid.

"I made you go to the dance." Y/N looked at Wednesday.

"That is not your fault, okay? The monster hasn't attacked anyone in the past week. Maybe you finally scared it off." Enid looked between the two.

"Or maybe it went into hiding to avoid this weekend." Wednesday looked around.

"Look at this. Some things never change." Morticia spoke to Gomez not far from the three.

"I knew I should have worn my plague mask." Wednesday watched Morticia and Gomez.

"Would you look at my family? Talk about toxic pack mentality. I give my Mum 30 seconds before her judge-y claws come out. Let's get this over with." Enid looked over at her own family.

Wednesday gave a nod, following Y/N over to their family as Enid went to hers.

"There she is. Oh, how we missed those accusing eyes and youthful sneer." Gomez hugged Wednesday.

"How are you, my little rain cloud?" Morticia smiled at Wednesday.

"I thought Thing was filling you in on my every move. I uncovered your feeble subterfuge almost immediately." Wednesday looked at Morticia.

"So, how's the little fella doing? Does he still have all his fingers?" Gomez winced as he looked at Wednesday.

"Relax. I haven't snapped any of his digits. Yet." Gomez and Morticia sighed in relief at Wednesday's answer.

"So tell us everything." Morticia smiled excitedly.

"Since you've abandoned me here, I've been hunted, haunted..and the target of an attempted murder." A smile grew on Wednesday's face.

"Ah, Nevermore. I love you so." Gomez praised the school.

"How's Y/N?" Pugsley looked at Wednesday.