Uncle Fester Comes To Stay

Everyone was at the funeral for Mayor Walker, it was raining, which made it all, a lot more grim.

I enjoy funerals. I've been crashing them since I was old enough to read the obituary section.
Mayor Walker was murdered, and I know the killer is here, standing innocently among us, plotting their next move.
And watching everything I do. I know I'm close to the truth. I have all the pieces of the jigsaw. I just need to slot them into place.
I must look past the tears and masks of grief. Until now, I may have been outmatched and outmaneuvered, but the final gambit is yet to be played.
The killer will make a mistake, and I'll be ready.

Wednesday watched as everyone started to leave, but she could feel a piercing gaze on her.
Wednesday turned her head toward the woods, where a figure dressed in black stood.

As soon as her gaze fell on the figure, they made haste and ran into the woods, Wednesday pursuing them.
Wednesday came to a stop, having lost sight of the figure, she turned around looking for any sign of them, when they suddenly dropped down from the tree behind her.

Wednesday pulled a long blade from her umbrella as she span around, but the blade was stopped by two hands, that sent electricity through the blade.
Wednesday let go of the blade in shock, and it fell to the ground with a clatter.

"Still as sharp as ever, my pig tailed protege." The figure kept their head low.

"Uncle Fester." A smile grew on Wednesday's face.

Fester Addams gave a nod with a chuckle, as he removed his hat from his head.

Wednesday and Fester walked through the woods, heading in the direction of the school.

"How long have you been stalking me?" Wednesday turned to Fester.

"Just blew into town this morning and was hit by a wave of nostalgia." Fester looked at Wednesday with a smile.

"I thought you didn't go to Nevermore." Wednesday frowned confused.

"I didn't. Your Dad got all the brains. But I used to drop in on him. Usually from the ceiling with a dagger clutched between my teeth. Just to keep him on his toes." Fester grinned at the memory.

"Of course." Wednesday smiled.

"Your Father filled me in on what's been going on. Monsters, murder, mayhem. What fun! I told him I had a job in Boston, but I'd be checking up on you." Fester stopped and looked at the two.

"What kind of job?" Wednesday looked at Fester intrigued.

"The kind that means I need somewhere to lay low for a couple days." Fester slouched.

* Nevermore Academy *

Wednesday led Fester toward the Hummers Shed.

"This place belongs to a friend." Wednesday closed the door.

"You've actually made a friend." Fester looked at Wednesday.

"That poor kids will be going home in a body bag. Oh. I like a hideout that comes with snacking." Fester walked over to one of the hives, as his words made Wednesday think of Eugene.

"Those bees are hibernating. They're practically Eugene's children. That means do not eat them!" Wednesday glared at Fester.

"You know, when you give me that death stare of disapproval, you remind me of your Mother. Speaking of scary things, do you know what kind of a monster you're dealing with?"  Fester turned to Wednesday.

"I haven't been able to identify it." Wednesday showed Fester the picture Xavier had drawn.

"Ooh. It's called a Hyde." Fester looked at the drawing.