Happy Birthday

Wednesday walked around the school, looking for Y/N, who she hadn't seen since Gomez was let go by Sheriff Galpin.
Wednesday hadn't been able to find Y/N anywhere, and had given up, so she could instead go to Crackstone's Crypt like the note said.

"You insisted on coming along. I was fine on my own." Wednesday looked at Enid who was looking around with her claws out.

"Seems like our wannabe Deep Throat is already here." Wednesday looked at the slightly opened Crypt.

"Ew. What died?" Enid stood behind Wednesday.

"Smells like childhood. Come on." Wednesday walked inside.

"Second thoughts. Why don't I just stay out here? You know, as a lookout." Enid turned away from the crypt as the door closed behind Wednesday.

Wednesday walked through the crypt, looking around carefully.

"Enid?" Wednesday looked behind her, fear lacing her voice.

"Whoever you are, show yourself. Try anything and you'll lose limbs." Wednesday turned hearing someone cough.

"It's a surprise birthday party." Y/N deadpanned from where she was sitting on top of the crypt.

"Surprise!" Xavier, Kent, Ajax, Divina, and Yoko started singing Happy Birthday as Enid entered with a cake.

"It was Things idea." Y/N rolled her eyes.

"I should have known you were behind this. What part of no party under the penalty of death do you not understand?" Wednesday turned to Thing.

"I thought my cake design was pretty inspired." Xavier spoke up.

"The pink balloon was my little touch. Why don't you make a wish?" Enid beamed at Wednesday.

"Wait, it's Latin. Fire Will rain...when I rise." Wednesday read an encryption on the wall.

"Okay, that's not really a wish." Enid looked at Wednesday.

"The first part of that was burned onto Nevermore's lawn. It can't be a coincidence." Wednesday stared at the words.

"Wait, we're never eating that cake, are we?" Ajax looked at his friends.

"If that cake is so important to you, just eat it." Y/N glared at the group.

"You already ruined it, by telling her it was a surprise." Xavier looked at Y/N.

"Boo hoo." Y/N sent him a look.

Wednesday touched the stone and her head snapped backwards into a vision.

"Why are you being so...cold hearted? Well more than usual?" Xavier looked at Y/N annoyed and she just stared at him.

* Ophelia Hall *

"Careful, that's my cold shoulder." Wednesday was drawing at her desk, as Thing sat on her shoulder.

"Don't blame Thing. The party was my idea. I believe everyone deserves to be celebrated on their birthday." Enid looked over at Wednesday.

"I prefer to be vilified." Wednesday kept drawing.

"What happened? It looked like you were having a seizure." Enid watched Wednesday worriedly.

"I wasn't that lucky." Wednesday put her pencil down.

"Can I at least get some kudos for pulling one over on you?" Enid held her hands behind her back.

"The subterfuge was impressive." Wednesday looked toward her bed as Thing pulled something out.

"May your 16th be as sour and misery filled as your desire. Your ever doting Mother and Father." Wednesday read the letter.