Fire in Past and Present

Wednesday and Y/N were walking through the woods, going to where Tyler had told them. Y/N was ignoring Wednesday.

"Who else was I supposed to ask?" Wednesday looked at Y/N.

"I don't know. Not some freakish normie, who, by the way is the son of the Sheriff - you know, the guy who wants you locked up." Y/N sent Wednesday a sharp glare.

"Can we just focus on the Meeting Place? I'll let you burn my Pilgrim World uniform later." Wednesday stopped to look at Y/N.

"Fine." Y/N walked past Wednesday.

The ruin was barely standing, the twins looked around as they walked through what used to be a door or gate.
Wednesday opened her bag and placed it on the ground, allowing Thing to climb out.

"I was expecting more too." Wednesday looked at Thing.

"Who you talking to, little girl?" Wednesday turned around to find an older man, dressed in rags and dirt covering his face.

"Use little and girl to address me again and I can't guarantee your safety." Wednesday looked at him blankly.

"I'm taking it that this place was burned to the ground." Y/N began looking around the ruin.

"This is my place. Get out!" The man sent a rude glare to Wednesday.

"Thing, a hand here?" Wednesday looked over at Thing.

Thing scurried over, climbing up the man's trouser pants, until he was close enough to strangle him by the neck.
The man cried out in alarm as he tried to remove Thing from his throat, but Thing was stronger.

"There's nothing here." Wednesday looked at Thing and Y/N as Thing returned.

"Touch something." Y/N spoke at the same time Thing started tapping.

"No, I can't just touch something. My visions seem to happen spontaneously." Wednesday looked around as Thing started tapping.

"I would rather dye my hair pink than ask my Mother for advice. Oh, you want me to prove it to you? No. Nothing. Ah, I bet this will give us some real insight." Wednesday touched different things before picking up a paper Taco Bell bag.

"Taco Bell?" Y/N took the bag from Wednesday.

"My visions are about as predictable as shark attacks." Wednesday picked up her bag and headed for the door.

Wednesday pushed the door open and her head snapped back.

"There you go." Y/N and Thing looked at each other with a shrug.

Wednesday fell toward the floor and Y/N caught her, as it started raining.

Wednesday bolted awake with a gasp, she was covered in mud and dirt.

"I saw her! The girl from my visions. Her name is Goody Addams, and I believe she's our ancestor from 400 years ago. Y/N, you were right, it was burned to the ground by Crackstone." Wednesday got to her feet, hearing and odd sound and Y/N followed.

Wednesday walked up to what used to be the wall.

"It must have been the bearded man from earlier." Y/N stopped beside Wednesday looking through the hole.

An eye poked through the gap in the wooden plank, Wednesday stumbled back in shock and fear.

"That's supposed to be scary?" Y/N looked at Wednesday.

The monster ran away, Wednesday and Y/N ran out of the ruin, Thing in Wednesday's bag.
They followed the footprints of the monster which slowly began to turn into human footprints.