School of Literal Outcasts

This story is about to take a dark turn. Usually, I love dark turns. Like when the carousel brakes mysteriously failed at my eighth birthday party. But not this one.

Wednesday walked beside the Sheriff, into the school, Weems following close behind.

"How could you miss a dead body?" Wednesday kept her gaze straight ahead.

"Cause it wasn't there. No footprints, no blood, no sign of struggle. Nothing, nada. My search party looked all night." Sheriff looked at Wednesday as they started walking up the stairs.

"Well, your search party must have left their seeing eye dogs at home. I saw that monster kill Rowan right in front of me." Wednesday urged as they walked up the stairs, Weems now infront of them.

"Get a good look at this monster thing?" Sheriff looked ahead of himself.

"It didn't stick around for a chat." Wednesday turned to look at Sheriff.

"Maybe it was one of your classmates." Sheriff looked ahead of them again.

"Sheriff, I find that question offensive." Weems stopped to look at Sheriff.

"Well, I don't care, cause I got three other dead bodies in the morgue. Hikers just ripped apart in the woods." Sheriff waved his hand up in frustration.

"The mayor said those were bear attacks." Weems looked at Sheriff confused.

"Someone is withholding information. Galpin or Weems know something."

"Well, the mayor and I disagree on that." Sheriff glanced at Wednesday.

"So you automatically assume a Nevermore student is the murderer, even though there's no evidence a crime was even committed." Weems put a hand on her hip, watching Sheriff intently.

"I'm sorry. I forgot, you only teach the good outcasts here, right?" Sheriff looked at Weems expectantly and she sighed.

The three of them entered Weems' office.

"My guess is Rowan ran away. State troopers have put out an alert, and I've contacted his family, but they haven't heard from him either." Weems looked at Wednesday.

"Dead people are notoriously bad at returning calls." Both Sheriff and Weems looked at Wednesday.

"What were you doing out in the woods with him, Ms. Addams?" Sheriff turned the focus onto Wednesday.

"Lie."

"I heard a noise in the forest and went to go investigate. That's when I stumbled upon the attack." Wednesday folded her hands infront of her as Sheriff sat down.

"And then what happened?" Sheriff looked at Wednesday expectantly.

"Then I ran into Bianca Barclay, and I told her to go for help. Next thing I remember, I was awaking in my dorm." Wednesday didn't spare Weems a glance as she spoke.

"And just to be clear, this monster wasn't a bear or some other wild animal?" Weems watched Wednesday carefully as Sheriff spoke.

"I've hibernated with Grizzlies. I know the difference." Wednesday glanced at Y/N.

"Thank you, Sheriff. I think Miss Addams is done now." Weems got to her feet suddenly.

"Actually, I would like to speak to Sheriff Galpin. Alone." Wednesday looked at Weems, as Sheriff looked at Wednesday alarmed.

"I'm not sure I can allow that." Weems tilted her head toward Wednesday.

"I'm sure I could take her to the station and get a formal statement. Yeah let's go." Sheriff gave Weems a tight smile as she frowned.