Chapter 2

I woke up and see that it’s 1:30 in the morning. I start to get up being careful to not wake up Louis, who was holding me. I stared at his calm face before tiptoeing to her bag trying not wanting to wake up anyone and looked in my bag. When I found what I was looking for I walked quietly to the bathroom and locked the door. I rolled up my left sleeve which exposed old scars. There were ten lines. I looked at them trying to fight the urge to reopen the scars. I gave in and traced them with the blade and added two more cuts to her collection. I carefully put the blade on the sink counter and sat on the cold marble floor and started to cry. I sat there until I heard a faint knock on the door.

“Jamie, are you alright? You’ve been in there for about half an hour.” Louis said tiredly on the other side of the door.

“Louis just leave me alone.” I say with my voice shaking.

Louis walks back to the living room and goes to Harry. Louis tries to wake Harry up. I start to cry again and I can hear Louis talking to Harry.

“Harry, Jamie has been in the bathroom for half an hour and I’m worried.” Louis says when the younger boy wakes up.

“Shit not again.” Harry jumps up and runs to the bathroom; worrying and confusing Louis.

“What?” Louis followed him.

“I’ll tell you later just go get the first aid kit I’m going to get the bathroom key.” Harry said after he shook the bathroom door knob.

They quickly leave ask Harry goes to the kitchen to get the key and Louis get the first aid kit from the kitchen cupboard. They ran back to the bathroom to find me sitting on the floor crying.

“Shh. Calm down ok? I’m here now.” Harry said walking to his cousin and cradling me and rubbing my back. Harry takes my cut arm and held it out. He motioned for Louis to give him the first aid kit. Louis’ eyes are wide when he sees the amount of cut on my arm.

“Jamie, that’s a lot this time. We’re talking about this in a minute okay?” Harry said as he cleans my arm.

Louis gave me a sympathetic and reassuring smile but I turned away.

“There.” Harry said after covering my arm.

“Thanks.” I whispered not looking at Harry or Louis.

“Come on Jamie let’s go back.” Louis said awkwardly.

I get up and tried to get my blade but Harry got to it first.

“No Jamie this is going in the trash.” Louis said as Harry hands it to him.

I don’t have enough strength to argue with them. We go to the kitchen and Harry makes coffee for the three of them and Louis and Jamie sit at the table.

“Jamie,” Louis started, “Why did you do that?”