Chapter 3

“Jamie, are you going to answer him?” asked Harry trying not to smirk.

That bastard.

“Louis, you can tell them that. I’m going outside for some air.” I said as I bolt out the door before anybody can say anything.

It takes a while and I get bored so I take a walk. I’m half way down the block and I hear someone call my name. I look back and see that it’s Liam. I wave to him and I look behind him I see a familiar car. Maria. I start running toward the park. Maybe I can hide near there until she leaves. Maria doesn’t know that the boys live in this area but she looks all over the area for me. I see the woods near the park I go hide in there instead. I find a big tree to climb. Her cars gone and I see Liam in the park looking for me. I try to climb down but miss the branch. I start to scream as I fall down hard. Liam must have heard me because I heard him yell my name. Liam runs towards me as fast as he can but I hit the floor before he can catch me.

“OH MY GOD! JAMIE ARE YOU OK!?” He yelled.

“Liam, first stop yelling. Second help me up.” I said but my ankle hurts a lot more than yesterday.

As I stand I can’t put pressure on my left ankle.

“Liam, don’t panic but I think my ankle is broken.” I say as calm as possible.

“Don’t worry I’ll give you a piggyback ride back to the house.” He says as he pulls me on his back.

“Wow you’re light.” He said.

“Because I barely eat in that hell I call home.”  I muttered hoping he didn’t hear.

“That is why I came out to talk to you, if I didn’t then you would be laying in the woods for who knows how long.” He said to break the silence.

“The reason I ran was because I saw my step-mums car she was looking for me so she can beat the shit out of me.” I explained.

Liam must have not known how to respond. That or he must have not have heard me.

We get back to the house I see the boys looking around the outside of the house.

“LOOK I SEE THEM.” Niall yelled.

“Payne what did you do to my cousin?” Harry asked worried as hell.

“Harry don’t be alarmed but she fell out of a tree and broke her ankle.” Liam explained fast.

“We have to get her to the hospital like now!” said Louis who already holding his car keys.

“Meet us at the hospital.” Louis said carrying me to his car.

“Jamie, I know that this isn’t a good time but can I ask you something?” He asked acting kind of nervous.

“What?” I ask.

“Will you be my girlfriend?” 

Did I hear him right?

“Jamie, I want to be there to protect you so please say yes.”

“Yes.” I say with no hesitation.

I’ve like Louis for a really long time and now he asked me out. He gives me a quick peck on my lips. We arrive at the hospital a minute. The boys arrived a few second after us. They check me in and take me to a room.

“Well we are going to get lunch Liam will stay with you.” Said Harry.

“Just hurry up I think Niall is getting a little impatient.” I reply.

Soon enough the doctor came in took my x-ray and came to give me a walking cast. I got a purple one. That was about 30 minutes long and Liam was with me the whole time.