Airport

Monday morning came, and the Bellas scrambled to help Beca with last minute things. Pretty much making sure she had everything before she left for good.

Goodbyes were said, and hugs were given. Beca loaded her suitcase into Chloe's trunk, and they were off.

The car ride was mostly filled with awkward silence, as had most of their time spent since Beca came back.

About half way through their hour drive, Beca looked over to see a single tear falling from Chloe's eye.

"Hey, it's ok." Beca put her hand on top of Chloe's and gave a squeeze.

"I'm sorry, I don't know why I'm crying." Chloe pulled her hand away to wipe her tear. She didn't put it back.

"Maybe we just need a break. Maybe a year from now we'll figure out what went wrong and fix it."

"Maybe."

They didn't talk after that. Chloe pulled into the drop off lane and parked.

"Are you gonna get out?" Beca asked. She hoped she would.

Chloe opened her door and walked around to the trunk. They stood there for a second after Beca pulled out her suitcase.

"Well..." Beca said.

"I'm gonna miss you, Mitchell."

Beca forgot everything about them not being friends and pulled Chloe in tight. She wrapped her arms around Chloe's waist just like old times. Maybe if she held her tight enough, she wouldn't have to leave her.

That was the most affection either of them had shown the past month.

"I should probably go get checked in."

"Ok." Chloe practically whispered. Her voice was hoarse from holding in tears.

"Goodbye, Beale."

"Text me when you land."

And just like that, she was gone. They were gone.

Chloe stood outside the car watching Beca walk away. "Don't cry don't cry," She thought. Her eyes stung from the pressure of the tears behind them.

"Don't go."

But it was too late. Beca vanished from her view, and it was over.