Future's Golden Hands

The last few weeks of the final term of the year shot by as quickly as ever. Neville needed less help than he had last year, and Ginny's grades had jumped up in third year, only climbing higher this year, then Draco's grades jumped from an O in Potions and A-T in everything else to nearly all Es and a few Os in Transfiguration, Charms and- of course- Potions. Harry and Hermione, obviously, aced everything.

A few Ravenclaw girls named Cho Chang and Marietta Edgecombe were jealous of Luna's near perfect test scores, so tried to retaliate by spreading rumours that she was cheating or even using dark magic. Neville, with the help of Fred and George, put a stop to those rumours as quickly as they had started and even started a few of their own.

To make up for his absence in teaching for the last ten months or so, Alastor Moody, the real one, taught the class the Patronus Charm with the assistance of last year's professor, Remus Lupin- who was resolvedly requested by many members of the public- young and old- to tutor them privately. A stark contrast to when he was kicked out of the school last year for being a werewolf, a move which bit Albus Dumbledore greatly in the behind as the result of such a course of action was his main target of this decision chose to stay at Longbottom Manor the previous year instead of his relatives, the Dursleys.

Furthermore, every student at Hogwarts in fourth year and up knew how to cast at least a decent Shield Patronus, and third years did a small amount of theory on it, but Ginny and Luna could cast corporeal patronuses.

Peter Pettigrew was arrested on sight and actually participated in a joint trial with Barty Crouch Jr, who just kept raving about 'that stupid dumbass idiot Weasley' which the Wizengamot took as a sign that he was mental. He was given life in Azkaban.

Harry was the chief witness in every charge- from the assisted murder of his parents to the kidnapping of Bertha Jorkins, to the alleged help and aid of a Dark Lord's return, of which he was required to provide memories for beforehand. The memory was first verified and then viewed by the entirety of the Ministry's legal force as they watched from Harry's point of awakening to Voldemort's defeat.

Perhaps the most shocking of appearances was Draco Malfoy nailing the Dark Lord in the stones. People laughed and even congratulated both Draco and Lucius Malfoy, but the senior member of the Wizengamot was internally shitting himself at how Voldemort would punish him for his son's actions. Of course, all witnesses were provided protection by anonymity, but even Draco was willing to state his alliance with Harry Potter in such a way.

"So... he's dead, then?" An elderly wizard by the name of Elphias Doge inquired hopefully.

"Not quite." Harry replied just as Albus said, 'Of course'. They looked at each other in confusion, before Harry continued speaking before Albus could interject. "Members of the Wizengamot, are you all aware of a man by the name of Herpo the Foul?"

A detailed description of the horcruxes Voldemort had created followed, with Albus attempting to interrupt many times and being stopped continuously. The Wizengamot were terrified and appalled for differing reasons, depending on the factions they represented.

Harry explained that he was enlisting the help of the goblin king, Ragnok, so the horcruxes could be found and destroyed before Voldemort could fully return. This caused an uproar, as most pureblooded wizards did not trust goblins with their money, let alone their wellbeing, but Harry assured them that their relations were nothing but the finest and that Ragnok himself had even offered this service free of charge.

This movement sparked a new era of law, as discrimination against magical creatures included goblins. A subtle mention to Professor Flitwick's excellent teaching records seeded the beginning of a law that was later passed, prohibiting the mistreatment of magical creatures without a good reason. Harry, unfortunately, could not vote as he was underage, so- ignoring Albus's suggestion of himself- he made Sirius his proxy to cast his votes for him.