The Lazy Day

This is gonna be less of an action chapter and more of a fluffy funny chapter. It's hard to write with big words. Hope you enjoy.

"Is that- a dragon?" Hermione asked timidly. Hagrid nodded nervously.
"'Er name's Norbert!" He said enthusiastically, when Norbert burped a cloud of fire onto Hagrid's beard, which he quickly put out.

"But Hagrid... you live in a wooden house." Hermione tried.
"Yeh, and?" Hagrid asked.
Suddenly catching on, Harry said "Dragons breathe fire." While Hagrid still didn't understand.
"Never-mind." Hermione dismissed. Then, Hagrid looked behind the three.

"Who's that?" He asked, pointing a fat finger at the window behind him. They turned to see the triumphant look on Ron Weasley's face before he ran off, probably to tell a teacher.

"We have to get back to the common room." Harry said, practically dragging Hermione out by the hand. Normally, she would have shook him off and informed him that she could walk perfectly fine on her own, but she didn't seem to particularly mind getting dragged around by the messy-haired boy.

Then she remembered why she was running in the first place.
"Harry James Potter, if we get in trouble, I'm going to kill you!" She admonished, making Harry pause slightly just in time for Neville to catch up.

They made it back to the common room without being noticed by any professors, except when Harry wasn't looking where he was going and bowled straight into Snape, who promptly took twenty points off Gryffindor. As soon as they walked in, they heard Professor McGonagall scolding Ron for 'making up dragon stories' and that students had a perfect right to be visiting people at 1 pm in the evening. She eventually left through the portrait hole, which Harry, Hermione and Neville hid behind until she had left.

Once they had, they snuck into the common room as quietly as they could, as to avoid another pointless confrontation with Ron. Ron eventually grumbled off to his dormitory. The trio sighed in relief.

"We have to be more careful. If we got caught, we could have been burnt alive, or worse, expelled." Hermione said severely. She turned to head up to her dormitories, only to find that her hand was still locked with Harry's. They both blushed at the same time, then Harry let go as he clutched his stomach with a confused expression on his face.

"What is it?" Hermione asked worriedly.
"Nothing." Harry said quickly. "Just a weird feeling I keep getting."
Neville snorted.
"Weird feeling, alright." He muttered. "Weird that you haven't already figured it out, more like." He added under his breath.

"What'd you say, Nev?" Harry asked.
"Nothing." Neville said for what seemed like the tenth time. These two were dense. But he was amazingly grateful for them. Without them, he didn't know what his life would have been like at Hogwarts.

Hermione eventually headed off to her dorms after seven hours of constant studying, which Harry thoroughly enjoyed, just like he enjoyed anything including magic and Hermione. Harry and Neville also went to their dorms, where eventually they were confronted by a very angry Ron, Dean and Seamus.

"You two gits are breeding dragons!" Ron accused.
"Not cool, Harry." Seamus added.
"Not cool at all." Dean chimed in.
"Are you guys mental?" Harry asked. "I mean, it's a genuine concern at this point for you, Weasley, but you two? I thought you were better than this!" Harry glared at the two lackeys, who looked a bit guilty.

"Are you mental? Breeding dragons on Hogwarts grounds? That's so stupid!" Ron sneered. Neville was too frightened to jab back at him, but a few comebacks had surfaced inside his brain in the moment. However, Harry had faced lack of food for multiple weeks at a time, and stared down the whale of a man that Vernon Dursley was, and still is.