Voldemort

Okay, I know the last chapter was literally titled "Christmas", but I'm gonna skip to the last day of term, where they finally go after Voldemort. If you don't like it, bite me.

"Quirrell is hopeless." Harry complained after a very uneventful DADA lesson. Neville nodded in agreement. Hermione opened her mouth to defend him, but she didn't want to start a random argument with Harry.

"Guys... we need to do it tonight." Harry said darkly. They both silently agreed, and headed to the third floor.

As they opened the door, Harry brought out a red ball and put it in Hermione's hand. She tried to give it back, but he wouldn't take it.

"It's ok, he's friendly." Harry reassured her, his hand brushing against hers as he removed his hand from the ball. Hermione nodded, slightly pale.

However, when they opened the door, they found a completely different sight.

Seb was asleep on the floor with harp music playing magically. The trapdoor was open.

"Who do you think this was?" Harry asked.
"I have my suspicions." Neville answered.
"So do I." Hermione replied.
"Snape." They all said at the same time.

"We have to get that stone so Voldemort won't come back- oh come on, Nev, really?" Harry said determinedly, before turning to Neville and complaining about his flinching.

Suddenly, a loud growl was heard from in front of them.

Neville and Hermione went pale.

"Hi, Seb! You doing ok?" Harry asked cheerfully. Seb immediately calmed down once he realised who it was in front of him. He searched Harry for the ball, then realised it was in Hermione's hand. She grew pale as he moved towards her excitedly.

Luckily, the white on her cheeks was replaced by red when Harry took her hand, squeezed it, and threw the ball from her hand into Seb's mouth, where the three promptly fought over the ball.

Hermione and Neville jumped down first, then Harry jumped down after waving to Seb. He landed in something soft, but it was very dark.

"Lumos maxima." He incanted, desperate to see light. Suddenly, the ground gave way, making all three land on hard concrete. Harry was the first to recover, and offered Hermione a hand up, which she gratefully took. He realised that they were standing very close to each other, and his face turned red from the thought.

"I'm fine too, thanks." Neville groaned. Harry laughed and helped him up.
"Sorry, Nev. Priorities, y'know?" Harry teased.
"I do." Neville teased back.

"Are you two done?" Hermione asked impatiently. They nodded sheepishly and all went through the large door to their left.

There, they were met with a stunning sight.

Hundreds of shiny little birds were flying around.

"They're not birds, they're keys!" Hermione whispered excitedly. And they were.

They tried to go through the next door, but it was locked.
"Damn!" Harry cursed when he couldn't open it. Then, he looked up.

"One of those keys will open the door." He observed. Hermione nodded, having figured it out ages ago.

"Okay, Harry, there's a broom here, maybe you should-" Neville suggested.

"Accio correct key!" Harry shouted. A silvery key with a bent wing flew into his hand.

"-or you could just do that." Neville finished sheepishly.

They opened the next door to enter a strange looking room with unusual statues. They all had different weapons or defenses. There was a giant castle, a king, a queen, and loads of weird little soldiers that drew their swords when you got close.