The handshake actually happens

Harry was overwhelmed with the amount of pure knowledge contained within the wizarding world. Christmas had been an eventful day. But boxing day had been an even more eventful day.

Harry had heard Dumbledore talking to McGonagall about trying to convince her to stop learning wandless magic, but she refused. Turns out, wands are pointless! Harry read around about twenty books about the origins of wandless magic, and it mentally exhausted him, but Harry was so excited to learn new things about magic that he didn't care.

Hermione had insisted on joining him, but they couldn't concentrate at all with the other sitting right next to them. Their cheeks were both red and Harry kept touching the spot where Hermione had kissed him with a dreamy smile on his face.

Neville had tried to join them, but had gotten bored within one book. Well, not even one book, really.
"Harry, look!" Hermione had that gleam in her eyes when she had spotted something interesting. Harry moved his head near hers to read the page she was on.

"Apparently, wands were previously invented as a channel for a witch or wizard's magic to flow through- people didn't even need wands!" Hermione stated excitedly. Harry clicked.

"So that's what Dumbledore meant about wandless magic!" He exclaimed.
"Wandless magic?" Hermione asked with awe. "Can you teach me?" She pleaded.
"I don't even know how to myself, Hermione." Harry scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Please?" Hermione asked, dragging out the word and using her best puppy eyes. Harry crumbled.
"Fine, I'll do my best." Harry agreed. Hermione pounced on him instantly, giving him a huge hug.
"Thank you, thank you, thank you, Harry!" She squealed. Harry blushed furiously. Hermione noticed that he had stopped tensing when she hugged him, and she was extremely pleased.

"So, wanna start now?" Harry asked. Hermione nodded excitedly.
"Um- ok, so- how about we start by, um- levitating this book?" Harry suggested. Hermione nodded again.
"You go first." She prompted. He nodded, then pointed a finger at the book.

"Wingardium Leviosa!" Harry incanted, swishing and flicking his finger. To his surprise, the book floated wherever he pointed. His mouth dropped open as Hermione smiled. He pointed at Hermione, and the book floated down into her outstretched hands.

"That was amazing, Harry." She praised. Harry blushed.
"Your turn." He pointed at the book and levitated it to its original position. Hermione took a deep breath. Harry could see her face scrunch in concentration as she uttered the incantation, but nothing happened. She groaned.

"I knew I couldn't do it." She said dejectedly, and began to stand up and walk away, but Harry grabbed her hand.
"You're trying too hard." He said while she blushed. As she sat down, Harry didn't let go of her hand. Instead, he scooted his chair right next to hers and directed her finger with his hand.

"Just imagine the book floating up. I know you can do this, Hermione. I believe in you." Harry encouraged, meaning every word. Hermione blushed slightly before squeezing Harry's hand and pointed to the book.

"Wingarduim Leviosa!" She said with a shy smile on her face. Amazingly, the book floated up. Not as fast as Harry's did, but fast nonetheless. She squeaked as her hands flew to cover her mouth. The book dropped, but only because Hermione had stopped concentrating and started hugging Harry.

"You're the best teacher ever." She murmured into his shoulder. Harry felt the heat rush to his cheeks.
"I'm not that good."
"Harry, most people never learn wandless magic in their lives. You're an amazing teacher." Hermione said truthfully. Harry squeezed her tightly, which she eagerly returned.

"Am I interrupting anything?"

Harry and Hermione jumped apart to see a fuming Ron Weasley.

"Oh, just leave us alone, Weasley." Harry demanded tiredly.