005

"My mom doesn't care that we sleep in the same bed," Jenna shrugs, walking over to examine the mini-fridge and everything inside.

"Oh," Dahlia nods, a little confused as to why she would encourage this.

She shakes the thought and heads for the bathroom. She steps into the shower (probably the biggest she's ever seen in his life) and stares at the water surrounding them. It's a perfect view from here. "God, it's breathtaking"

Just then, she hears a door open, so she turns around and sees Jenna exiting through another door they came from, one next to the bed she hadn't noticed before. So she follows her, quickly learning that they have their own private porch. There are two wooden chairs there, then small steps that Jenna descends. Dahlia follows.

"Wow, that's so cool," Dahlia laughs, the steps descending to a small platform over the water where they can easily descend to swim.

"We still have an hour before dinner - I'm going to swim," smiled Jenna a little, pushing her ahead to go back up the stairs and into their room. Dahlia follows behind, but she closes the door before she can enter, saying, "I'm changing into my bikini, creep."

Dahlia would normally complain, but she turns and admires the sheer beauty before her - the contrasting blues, greens and oranges of the setting sun.

Before she knows it, Jenna is out and walks past her barefoot on the wooden steps to the water. "Let's hurry up and put those bathing suits on, Dahlia"

Dahlia actually has to do a double take when she passes her. No, she never found her ugly at all, but then again, she never looked at her that way. But now that she's here, in her tiny yellow bikini, she wonders how she's never seen her this way before. So short, so graceful, so...pretty.

"Gross," she mutters under her breath, shaking the thought from her head. And then she has to remember that it's Jenna. Mean Jenna who hates you and you hate her. She shakes her head, takes a long breath, and pushes her fingers through her hair.

Dahlia enters the bungalow and closes the door, digging into her bag to grab her bikini. She takes off all her clothes and quickly puts on. The big glass wall will make her nervous throughout this trip, she already knows that.

"The water is amazing," sighs Jenna, clinging to the dock. "Come on, weirdo."

"Shut up," Dahlia replies, but it's decently light. She's too happy right now to be bothered by her teasing. So when she gets to the lower platform, she runs and jumps.

"God, this is amazing," she pushes her hair back, reappearing from the perfectly temperature water.

She goes back underwater and swims away, paying her no more attention.

"Jenna?" Dahlia asks a few minutes later, unable to get it out of her mind.

" Hmm?" Jenna asks, putting her wet hair in a ponytail.

"Has your mother always been like this?" She asks hesitantly, unsure of how to ask such a serious question, especially when they never talk about anything serious.

Jenna then stops moving, turning to look at her. "Not that it's your business, but..." she sighs, shrugging her shoulders, "Yes."

"Okay," Dahlia nods, trying not to do anything weird between them, or push her too hard to talk about something she doesn't want to talk about.

"If you think you've seen the worst, Dahlia, you haven't," Jenna replies, wading casually through the water. "It's getting worse. Much worse."

"I'm sorry," swallows Dahlia thickly, trying to console her. "I mean, I hate you, but it still sucks"

"Great save," she laughed, pushing her hair back. "Now shut up and let's swim before we go to that awful family dinner."

So they swim for about half an hour. Jenna walks out towards the thirty minute mark, having to get out and take a shower to get ready. Dahlia continues to swim until she comes out and finishes, neither wanting to deal with the awkwardness of seeing her naked in the all-glass shower.

"Your turn," Jenna leaves the bungalow, then descends onto one of the chairs. Dahlia briefly pulls herself onto the platform, washing excess water from her skin and hair, before climbing the stairs.

Jenna looks down at her wet, half-naked body, before turning the other way. Dahlia ignores her, but she's only glad she didn't throw away her looks. Even though she's decently secure in the way she's been building abs and hardening her muscles over the past few years, she knows she'd find something to play with. Maybe even that itself. She can hear it now: "Who are you getting all muscular for, Dahlia?Are you trying to impress me?"

"I don't think I've ever seen you wear a dress," laughs Dahlia, looking at her as she continues to dry her hair. Which is semi-insane when she's about to take a shower, but still. It gives her a reason to stand here and talk to her. Not that she wants to, or anything. "Or fix your hair."

"Well, I figured if I did everything I could to find a fake Girlfriend, I guess I could go ahead and wear one of the dresses she bought me too," replies Jenna, closing her eyes to bask in the warm sun. "I'll get yelled at anyway most likely, but whatever. Maybe less this time."

"I can't believe you're actually giving in," Dahlia crosses her arms over her, tilting her head in confusion. "It's not like you."

"I've put up with his bullshit since I was a kid, Dahlia," Jenna looks at her with narrow, bored eyes, clenching her jaw. "I finally figured out that the only way to get along with her is to just...stop fighting her. As much as I hate it, it's only for a week."

"Oh. Got it," Dahlia nods, now feeling a little uneasy as she shifts her weight from foot to foot. She expected her to retaliate more than that, and now that she didn't, she feels like a jerk. " I'm going to take a shower."

"Yeah, you definitely should," Jenna looks at her, smiling a little.

"Shut up," she shakes her head and throws her towel at her, smiling as she begins to enter. Just before doing so, however, Dahlia hesitates before turning around. "You better not come here while I'm showering - I saw the way you checked on me a second ago and I wouldn't pass you on accidentally getting in."

"Does it make you hot when I look at you?" Jenna asks looking at her. Dahlia rolls her eyes, her hand resting against the door. "Well, I guess that's too bad, because I didn't check you out. So if you're planning to release the metaphorical tension in the shower, you're just going to have to hold on to the ridiculous illusion and hope it gets you through."

"Why are you so obsessed with the thought of me..." Dahlia begins, swallowing thickly as she forces the words, crossing her arms. "breaking away from it?"

"Oh, what a filthy mouth you have on you, Dahlia," her jaw drops with a small smile, shocked she actually said it. "Are you a bad girl?"

"You're ridiculous and I hate you," Dahlia sighs, walking inside as Jenna laughs at her.