015

Dahlia's heart is still racing and she's still dizzy and shocked from what just happened. And to tell the truth, she doesn't even know why she's obeying her. Yeah, she's scary, but she also despises her and hates how she treats Jenna. But it isn't like she should have followed Jenna anyway-she specifically said not to-but she still feels wrong sitting here with her mom and not doing anything.

"Don't worry, Dahlia, this always happens," Aunt Camila assures her, sipping from the small straw in her fruity drink. "It's nothing to be worried about."

"I know, but Jen..." she gulps, sighing.

"Don't call her that," her mom tells her in annoyance, clenching her jaw. "That's a sad and messy excuse for a nickname, and I hate it."

Dahlia hesitates for a moment, still shocked she can even say the things that she does. But when she does come out of her initial shock, she laughs a little in bitterness, and says, "You know what? No.I actually respect her and respect her wishes, too. So I'm going to keep calling her whatever I want, and you'll just have to get used to it."

There's a momentary silence after that, both her mom and aunt shocked by her words.

"I knew I liked you for a reason!" Her aunt laughs, sighing contently as she leans back in her seat. Dahlia sighs in relief, but her mom still looks as pissed as ever.

"God, how did she manage to find one just like her," her mom mutters under her breath, rolling her eyes.

The waitress comes with the food then, and Dahlia thanks god for that. She's pretty sure this trip is going to give her a heart attack.

She eats fast-but not too fast-so she can go find Jenna and make sure she's okay. She knows she wanted to be alone, but she's been alone long enough by now to hopefully not be mad at her for coming to check on her.

So she finally finishes her food, excuses herself, and goes to find her. She leaves the same way she did, searching everywhere on the way. But there's no sign of her. So she finally gets back to their section of the island, and goes to their room. But she's not there either. She checks out on their porch, in the water behind their bungalow, out by the tennis courts and snack bar, but she till can't find her. Dahlia starts to get really worried now, so she gets her phone out to call her. She calls once, twice, three times, and even texts, but still no answer. She uses her flashlight to search down the beach, feeling frantic.

"I knew you'd come find me," Jenna laughs, and she turns to where the voice was coming from. She's on the edge of the water, her shoes off and her feet in the sand to let the water wash over them. And there's two empty glasses beside her.

"Jesus, Jenna, you freaking scared me," Dahlia pushes her hair back, sighing. "You could have answered your phone, you know that?"

"Chill out, I left it in our room," she sighs, patting the sand beside her for her to sit. She looks at her, then to the glasses laying on their sides next to her, their little colorful umbrellas now on the sand.

"Are you drunk?" Dahlia asks, scanning her face.

"Yeah," Jenna laughs, reaching her hands up as the water surges forward and slinks across her fingers, her palms. "Courtesy of the cute, paid-off-to-let-underage-kids-drink snack bar guy."

"I'm...sorry about what happened," Dahlia breathes out, not exactly sure how to approach it with her-someone who never talks about their feelings.

"I shouldn't have let her get to me," she laughs bitterly, tracing her long, slender fingers across the sand. "I've been trying for weeks before this trip to prepare myself-to...to imagine every awful thing she could say to me so I could get through the real thing. But she's so meanand awful, and I couldn't take it anymore, On day two."