032

They set up the tiki torches, string up lights along both bars, setup the karaoke machine, put pineapples and coconuts down in the sand, and put air in a blow up limbo game

"Hey, I'm gonna go to the snack bar and grab some water," Dahlia tells everyone, wiping the sweat from her forehead. "Does anyone want anything?"

Jenna, Jordan, and Mia ask her to get them all waters, and Jenna also asks for a hotdog, too. Aaliyah's sitting down on her phone, already drinking a cocktail, so Dahlia nods at them and makes her way to the snack bar.

She orders then and is again surprised at how nice Jason is to her, even though she's pretty sure she had been accidentally giving him really mean look as she approached the bar. And then she feels bad that Jason's being nice to her, so she thinks it all over while Jason gets their waters and hotdogs (Dahlia ordered one too)

"I hope this isn't weird, but...what do you think about Jenna?" Dahlia asks him, gathering the water bottles in her arms and gulping.

"Oh man, she's so cool and beautiful, you know?" Jason smiles, nodding. Dahlia doesn't really know what she expected him to say, but her heart still sinks regardless. "But hey, dude, I'd never go after your girl. Not cool."

"My girl?" Dahlia asks, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion. Didn't she say they had a thing going? Weren't they flirting in secret on purpose just so she wouldn't think she and Dahlia were together?

"Yeah, man, she told me about you guys' relationship a few nights ago," Jason nods, seeming oblivious to the fact that Dahlia's confused. "You're lucky!"

"Yeah," Dahlia nods, still trying to process all of this at once. "Yeah, I definitely am."

"Okay, enjoy your food!" Jason smiles as Dahlia walks away. She's trying to figure out what's going on at the same time that she's also trying to hold four water bottles and two hotdogs.

They all take a break when she gets back, sitting down on the tennis court to enjoy their water and hotdogs. Dahlia purposely distances she and Jenna from the others so she can talk to her.

"So I actually just talked to Jason about you," Dahlia tells her, keeping her voice low. Jenna chokes a little on her hotdog, but then quickly recovers and swallows it down.

"Uh...why exactly?" She asks, whipping her head around to look at her.

"Doesn't matter why ," Dahlia shrugs, taking a bite out of her hotdog now. She chews it up and swallows it, taking her time because she knows Jenna's extremely curious now. And she's enjoying watching her get squeamish over it. "So he said that you told him we were dating. But I thought you two had a thing going, so I'm sort of confused."

"I obviously couldn't risk my family knowing about me flirting with Jason, Dahlia," Jenna scoffs and rolls her eyes, taking another bite. "Besides, the thing we have is...more in my mind, really."