011

Shaking all of her thoughts away, Dahlia stands up, grabs the bag Jenna's aunt gave her, and puts her new tennis outfit on. A white nike shirt, a skirt, headband (but she purposely passes on that one), socks, and even a brand new pair of Nike sneakers. This must have all been so expensive, and that alone makes her feel weird.

She composes himself one more time, before heading out. She doesn't spot them yet, so she sits at the edge of the dock, hanging her feet off of the edge of it while she waits.

"Ready, Dahlia?" Jenna asks, her voice loud enough to reach her from down the dock.

"Yeah, coming," she gets up, slightly embarrassed as she walks up in her all-white tennis gear.

"How cute," Jenna grins, looking her outfit up and down, trying not to laugh.

"Same to you," she fakes a smile, looking over her white tank top and extremely short skirt.

"You're greeting again, so..." her aunt starts, looking between them. Jenna looks at Dahlia in defeat, before stepping forward.

"We're just not into the whole...PDA thing," Jenna tells her, as Dahlia tries to act nonchalant about it. She wishes they could just get it over with. "Not with kissing, at least."

"Well it's just me! And besides, it's not like it's making out or anything. Just a kiss. It's like a hug or a handshake; it shows them you care." her aunt insists, and Dahlia takes in a breath, putting on her brave face. She wants Jenna to just shut up and kiss her so she can finally focus on anything else. "See? I'm looking away now to give you privacy. It's not about me, it's about you guys' relationship with each other."

"I know, but-" Jenna starts again, ready to argue. But Dahlia gently grabs her chin mid-talking, and kisses her. She's tense at first, not expecting it, but then she kisses back-her shoulders relaxing.

This one only lasts a second or two before Dahlia pulls back, ending it.

"See? Easy," Dahlia shrugs, putting her arm around her. "She's acting like she doesn't want to kiss me all the time." Dahlia laughs, and she shakes her head, discreetly nudging her in the ribs.

"There you go, Dahli, great job!" Camila laughs, walking alongside them as they make their way towards the beach finally. "It's helped Juan and I to just...be in the moment, and appreciate each other. It's a great habit to pick up, and you'll even forget you're doing it eventually!"

"Oh, great," Jenna nods and smiles, but Dahlia knows her well enough to see that the thought of that is making her miserable. She can't help but silently agree.

"You know, a few of your siblings are getting in late tomorrow night," she tells them, now stepping onto the sand.

"Oh yeah? Which ones?" Jenna asks, and Dahlia breathes in. She's not sure if she can take any more family, and the thought makes her nervous.

"Aaliyah and Mariah. Mia is bringing her new boyfriend from school, too!" she tells them excitedly, and Jenna nods. Dahlia makes a mental note to ask her about that later.

When they get to the court, they all grab a tennis racket from the bins. While no one is paying attention, she takes that time to finally talk to Jenna about things in private.

"So? How was it?" Dahlia asks anxiously, pressing the top of her racket to the ground.

"How was what?" Jenna turns to her, making a face. Then it seems to click. "Oh my God, Dahlia, I know you aren't asking me if you're a good kisser or not. What is this, middle school?"

"Not if I'm a good kisser, just if my acting was convincing enough," she argues, annoyed. "Like I'd care what you thought about my kissing anyway."

"Yeah, right. But anyway, in that case it was...pretty good," Jenna shrugs, finally picking out the perfect racket. "I mean, you looked like you were going to throw up when I kissed you, but then again, I probably did too. Yours from nerves, mine from disgust."