Chapter 4

Narrator POV-

It was now 6pm and Wednesday had just woken up. Enid was still asleep in her lap, and she had no intention of waking her. 

Wednesday hesitated for a moment, before taking her hand, and running her fingers through her roommates hair. She was afraid to hurt her, but realized after a moment nothing bad should happen. She continued this for a few moments, before feeling a tap on her leg. 

She lifted the blanket to reveal Thing, who she would only assume had been there a while. 

"Thing. Say anything about this to anyone and I won't hesitate to break your fingers." Wednesday warned, burying her face into her dear friends golden locks. 

The pair stayed this way for another half our until Enid looked up, her ocean blue eyes meeting those of her dear friend. 

"Oh I'm sorry. I shouldn't have fallen asleep." Enid said, quickly shuffling off of the other girl. 

"Uhm, It's fine." Wednesday mumbled, although it was still audible. 

Enid smiled, getting off the bed. 

"I'm gonna go take a shower. I'll be out in a bit." Enid said, grabbing clothes and quickly running into the washroom. 

Wednesday POV-

I watched as my roommate walked into the bathroom, the lock clicking behind her. 

I don't understand these feelings. It's all so confusing. I get flustered when I'm around her. My face heats up when she's close to me. I get a weird feeling in my stomach when we touch. I hate this. It's so confusing. I hate not knowing what exactly I feel. It's like I can't quite figure it out, or my brain won't let me admit that I know.

I was pulled from my thoughts by thing tapping my arm. He accidentally touched a healed scar through my sleeve, and I jerked back.

He began apologizing repeatedly.

"It's fine, Thing. You didn't mean to." I said, interlocking our fingers as reassurance. 

We sat like this for about 5 minuets before I decided to let go and start getting dressed. I went to my closet and pulled a black dress, with a white collar and white flowers all over. I then opened my drawer and puled out a pair of all black knee high socks and a pair of(also black) shorts. 

"Thing, don't look." I said. Thing turned around, swinging their 'feet' on the end of the bed.

I cracked a smile, and started getting dressed. Once I had my dress on, I walked out of my closet, shutting the door behind me.

"You can look now, Thing." I said, sitting on the bed to put my socks on. 

Thing jumped on the mattress and sat(?) next to me.

Once I had my socks on, I gave Thing a thumbs up signaling that they could go get my shoes. 

He jumped off the bed and went to get my shoes, dragging them back moments later. I slipped on my shoes, and stood up to grab a coat. 

I sat on my bed to wait for Enid. It's Saturday so I wanted to see if she want to go somewhere. 

-Time skip-

After about 10 minuets, Enid walked out of the bathroom. She was wearing a pastel pink Lorita dress, with a white baby collar and buttons all the way up the front. It also seemed to have pockets.

"Oh hey Wednesday. I figured you'd be out already." Enid said, still using a towel to dry her hair. 

"I uh, wanted to see if you'd be interested in joining me. I planned to go to the Weathervane and then the library, so I understand if your not inter-" I was cut off by Enid throwing her arms around me.