Chapter 15

-Wednesday POV-

I grabbed onto Enid's hand, clenching it tightly as I stepped onto the bus.

"To the park please, the one next to the woods." I said, flicking two quarters to the driver.

"Yes ma'am!" The driver said, shoving the coins in his pocket and starting the bus.

"He seems nice!" Enid said, sitting down on a seat on the back.

"I only ride the bus when he drives. I know it's him because of the figurines on the dash board. I'd like it better if it were Lurch driving, but he's to busy keeping my family's home tidy." I said, sitting next to her and leaning my head on her shoulder. 

"Is he like a butler? I thought only rich people had those." Enid asked, running a hand through my bangs.

"Yes, he is our butler. And my family is considered one of the wealthiest in our home area. My father is a descendent of Castilian royalty, causing him to inherit a large sum of money. Not to mention a lot of business activity's, all though I don't know much about that." I explained, calmly. Enid's jaw was practically on the floor.

"You never told me you were rich!" Enid whisper yelled.

"You never asked." I replied, closing my eyes.

"Valid. Anywa-"

"Shush, I'm trying to sleep." I said, cutting her off.

She smiled, and wrapped her arm around my waist, allowing me to fall asleep.

-Time skip-

"Wednesday, wake up, we're here." Enid said, lightly shaking me awake.

I groaned, and curled onto her side.

She sighed and stood up, lifting me into her arms. Normally I wouldn't allow this, but I was to lazy to care. I wrapped my legs around her waist and my arms around her waist. She began walking off the bus.

"Thank you for the ride sir!" Enid said, smiling as she walked off the bus.

"Just doin my job!" He replied, before closing the doors and driving off.

"Put me down." I said, lifting my head groggily.

Enid smiled and out me down onto my feet, making sure I don't fall.

"Let's go, I wanna show you something." I said, taking her hand.

She smiled and started walking with me.

I took us to a spot by the river. There are many flowers there, and a fallen log going across it. I walk over it a lot, as on the other side, there's a small pond surround by wildlife and mushrooms. Eugene and I go there sometimes.

"Wow, it's really pretty here! How did you find it?" Enid said, stopping.

"I found it while Eugene and I were out collecting specimens for whatever they use them for." I said, opening my bag and pulling out a picnic type blanket and laying it on the mossy ground for us to sit on.

"It's really beautiful, how come you never brought me here before?" Enid asked, sitting down on the blanket. I sat with her.

"I didn't plan on taking you here until you either rejected my feelings, or asked me to be your partner. All though I have no interest in labels, not for the time being at least." I replied, allowing her to place her hand on top of mine.

She smiled, and kissed my cheek.

"Well it's lovely here." She said, leaning her head on my shoulder.

Moment later she drifted to sleep. I allowed her to lay down on my lap.

-Time skip-

I was reading a book, when I felt a stir on my lap. I looked down, and saw her eye's slowly fluttering open.

"Good morning. Did you sleep well, my angel?" I asked, hoping she liked the nickname.

She smiled.

"Good morning. I did, and thank you for asking, my love." She said, turning to face me.

I cracked a smile and kissed her cheek. She smiled and did the same.

=Word count= 645

A\N: Sorry this was short. I'm gonna try and update more often. I honestly have no excuse other than laziness-

Anyway bye 👍