02 || But you can Call me Charlie

Daisy's P.O.V.

"Get away from me you creeps!" I act tough against the stupid drunk socs who are on Greaser turf.

"Why?" Bob, my cheating ex-boyfriend asks.

"Just please leave me alone Bob," I plead. "You cheated on me isn't that enough? We just broke up!"

"Why is a weak vulnerable Winston girl walking around Tulsa all by her lonesome?" One of the Socs flicks out his switch blade dragging it across my chin lightly, but with enough pressure to break skin.

I smack the blade away cutting myself even more making me cry out in pain, "just leave me alone.....Bob?"

"Never hun," he pushes me to the ground and I let out a small cry. He gets on top of me and smacks me right across the face.

I scream loudly as I kick him off me, "I thought you knew not to mess with me Bob! I'm a Winston!"

"I'm not afraid of you!" He screams at me.

"Come at me!" I yell right back at him. "C'mon! Come at me! I dare ya too!"

"You're looking for a fight love," he says something flickering in his eyes. "Walk away."

I turn around and I feel somebody's arm on my shoulder. I get spun around to meet Bob's fist. I turn around kicking both Bob and his little helper down to the ground. I get on top of Bob and punch him in his eye as my bloody nose drips blood on his fancy shirt. He flips me over landing on me knocking the breath out of me. I use all my strength to kick him off me, but not before he pulls out his blade cutting my cheek and some more of my neck. I bounce back to my feet slapping him across his face right before he tackles me to the ground cutting my upper thigh. I yelp out in pain, but fight through it finding my blade and slashing his arm. "You bitch!" He screams using his other arm to punch my face in. I groan as I push him off me punching his eyes. He slaps me in the chest making me fall to my knees he takes this chance to knee me in my face. I hold my nose as he pushes me to the ground slapping my cheek. A few tears slide down my cheek as he cuts down my stomach then he knees in my cut up stomach. I clutch my stomach as he punches my face.

"Hey get off her!" I hear a foreign voice yell. The boys run to their car. "Whimps! Go run yea go be little girls and run away from a fight. You little whimp!"She walks over to me kneeling down, "hey, you okay?"

I look up at her, "just a little beat up."

"I think you're a little more than a little beat up," she helps me up. "What's your name? I'm Charlotte, but you can call me Charlie."

"I'm Daisy," I let out a small laugh. "I have no cute nicknames minus my one friend calls me Daize-maize."

She smiles slightly, "that's cute. What's his name?"

"How do you know it's a boy?" I ask her as we hobble over to her beat up truck showing me she's a Greaser.

"Daize-maize is a cute coupley name," she reminds me.

"Sodapop," I smile at his name. "I call him Pepsi-cola, but we're just best friends, nothing more."

"Although you want to be more or is it him who wants it to be more?" She kind of questions, kind of concludes.

"No! I mean neither of us want to be more," I explain as we pull into my drive-way.

I hobble in with her at my side, "you know how stupid we look...right?"

I let out a painful laugh,"yes, yes I do."

She plops me on the couch, "you good?"

"No," I shake my head. "Stay with me please."

She smiles as she lays down next to me on the couch, "of course. Will anybody be mad?"

I shake my head quickly, "no, not at all."

Dally's P.O.V.

"Delilah please wake," I beg as I shake her ruthlessly. "Delilah please."

Steve stifles a chuckle, "nothing can wake up Delilah. I swear if the world was ending and she was asleep, she wouldn't wake up."

"Well Daisy's in trouble so she has to wake up!" I scream not at him, but in general.

"I can wake her," Steve informs.

"Go ahead and try," I sigh giving up hope.

"Del, you have to get up," he whispers in his ear. "Daisy's in trouble. C'mon Del." He starts to shake her lightly then he stands up making her fall off his lap onto the ground. She wakes up screaming and I immediately know why, her arm.

She shoots Steve devil eyes before growling out, "what was that for?"

"Not the major issue!" I cut her off. "Daisy's in trouble, I think. I have a feeling something bad is happening."

"Oh god!" Delilah screeches jumping to her feet. "What are we waiting for?"

I pick her up and we run to our house screaming for Daisy, but we can't find her. We walk into our apartment hoping she's there and we find her asleep on the couch clearly beaten up with some strange women who's watching T.V.

"Hello?" I state as a question.

She looks up at me and smiles, "hi, my name is Charlotte."

"What are you doing in my house?" I snap a little as I let Delilah down.

She looks down at Daisy, "sweet girl got jumped. By the way you can call my Charlie."

"You must be insane," Delilah rolls her eyes.

"And you are?" She asks.

"Delilah," Del puts her hand out slowly.

Charlie grabs it, "may I sleep on the couch Daisy wants me to and I kind of got no where to stay?"

"Sure," I respond unsure. "I'll see you in the morning. I'm Dallas by the way, but most people call me Dally or Dal."

"Night Dal, night Delilah," she sings as she continues to relaxing. This chick is clearly mental. Who just comes over somebody's house? Although she's really pretty and she did help Daisy. I guess she can stay a little, if she wants.

As I crawl into bed I hear the door open and I look up to see Delilah, "hey Del what's up?"

"Do you like Charlie?" She asks in a New York accent.

I shrug, "she saved Daisy."

She nods slowly a tear falling from her eye, "oh..."

"Why?" I ask sliding over and patting the spot next to me. "What's wrong kiddo?"

"Is she gonna replace Daisy and I?" She asks sadly.

"Of course not," I hug her. "Wanna sleep in here tonight?"

She nods her head snuggling up to me, "thanks Dal."

"No problem kid," I kiss her head. "I love ya, just don't tell the gang, I'll completely deny it.

She chuckles, "love ya too Dally."

Okay so we met a new character named Charlie. Plus we got some Dally and Delilah feels although we still don't really know Delilah. You're gonna meet her soonish though. What do ya'll think of Charlie? Please vote, commet, ect. I love feedback and hearing your thoughts. Stay gold. Do it for Johnny!
-Beth