36 || Wish me Luck

Soda's P.O.V.

I walk over to the DX to see a girl passed out in the side of the road in a wedding dress with tear stained on her cheeks, but a smile on her face. "Steve, look at that chick."

"Wouldn't want that to be me," he sighs. "Probably got left at the alter."

"That sucks man," I go over and lean next to her. When I get a closer look the girl looks familiar, but I can't put a name her. "Steve, do we know her?"

He looks at her face and gasps, "I think we do. She kind of looks like baby Claire."

"Charlotte!" I yell.

Steve's eyes go wide as his mouth drops, "oh my god you're right."

We sit next to Charlotte until her eyes flutter open. She groans as she sits up putting her hand on her forehead, "where I am?"

"At the DX," I speak.

She looks over to me and smiles as she throws her arms around me, "oh my god Sodapop Curtis! It's me Charlie."

"What am I chop liver?" Steve asks.

"No!" She squeals turning to hug him too. "I love you guys."

"We love you too," I smile. "Although, I have to ask. What happened?"

"Oh," she chuckles. "I left my husband at the alter to come here and find Dallas, but I don't know if he has a girlfriend. I'm also scared he doesn't love me anymore."

"Trust me, he loves you," I smile. "Go get him."

"Now?" She asks. "I-I don't know."

"He loves you," Steve informs her.

"Go get him tiger," I laugh as she stands up.

She turns back to look at her smiling, "wish me luck."

"Good luck!" Steve and I shout as she runs off.

Dally's P.O.V.

I watch cartoons on the couch with Claire as I hear a knock at the door. I turn to Claire and she giggles as I ask, "which of the aunties is it?" I walk over to the door and see the girl I never thought I'd ever see again standing in the doorway in a wedding dress, "Charlotte?"

She smiles slightly, "it's me Dally."

"I don't know if I want to punch you or kiss you," I speak slowly and honestly.

She smashes her lips against mine. I throw my arms around her waist and she throws her arms around my neck melting into the kiss. I can feel a single tear slide down her cheek as she smiles against my lips, but I do the same. I slip my tongue into her mouth as I explore the familiar yet foreign feeling of our love. Sparks fly more with every second of the kiss and I know once again this is the girl. I wanna marry. I'm still in love with Charlie, Claire's mother. As we pull away she smiles, "I could use a kiss."

"How 'bout another?" I ask before smashing my lips against hers once again and repeating the process. As we pull away she laughs smiling. "I love you Charlotte."

"I love you too Dallas," she smiles.

Claire waddles over to me tugging at me pants, "who dat da-da?"

"This is mommy," I smile as I look at my baby girl then at the girl I love who is smiling widely at Claire as she laughs happily. This is the way life was supposed to be.

Charlie's P.O.V.

I look over at Dallas late that night while Claire sleeps, "Dallas are we gonna even talk about the past three years or why the only clothing I have is a wedding dress."