32 || We're Dating as the World Falls Apart Around us

Dally's P.O.V.

"Married?" I ask her.

Her smiles grows, "yea, I am official Mrs.Randall. Also I became a legal adult so no more foster homes!"

I try to remain calm despite the previous event and her running off to get married during them, "anything else?"

"We're gonna live together!" Delilah squeals. "Isn't that great?"

Daisy look up from Soda's lap with puffy red eyes, "great? What about the last two days is great? You ran off to have the best day of your life while the gang was going through hell. We lost Charlie and Dez! Do you not understand that?"

"I do," Del sighs. "I jus-"

"NO!" Daisy yells. "You clearly didn't and there's no excuse. This gang is falling apart and you run off to have the time of your life. How could you just run off like that leaving us here?"

"I'm sorry," Del speaks. "I just wanted to be happy for once in my life."

"Well I hope you're happy," Daisy storms out of the house.

"Now look what you've done!" I yell at Del.

Daisy's P.O.V.

I can't help it, I storm our of the house before I can say anything stupid. After a few minutes I hear Soda's voice, "hey Daise-Maize wait up!"

I spin around and all of a sudden a smile spreads across my face, "Daise-maize?"

"Yes why?" He smiles.

"You haven't called me that in a while," I bit my lip chuckling lowly.

He smirks, "I don't know, I just-Daisy, I love you."

I jump into his arms, "I love you too Sodapop."

He catches me and spins me around as we laugh. As he places me on the ground he simply asks, "will you be my girl?"

"Even in this time of mourning, I'd say yes," I smile. "I mean yes. Yes, I'll be your girl. We're dating as the world falls apart around us. I love you Sodapop. I really love you." I smash my lip against his smiling against his lips as I chuckle lowly. This kiss despite the sadness around us the happiest thing ever and that's when I release I was wrong to snap at Delilah. I pull away taking a step back, "oh my god! Oh my god!"

"What?" Soda asks clearly concerned.

"I was so wrong," I sigh. "I was so wrong to yell at Delilah like that. I have to find her!"

"Then lets go," Soda grabs my hand and we run off.

"Delilah!" I yell running into her arms as I dash into the house. "I'm so sorry. I understand why you did what you did and I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for yelling at you. I didn't mean it. I love you Delilah and I'm happy you're happy."

She chuckles lowly hugging me back confused, "I love you too Daisy, but why the sudden change of heart?"

"Soda and I are official again!" I squeal before pecking his lips. "We're in love."

She chuckles. "you're unpredictable Daisy."

Del's P.O.V.

Lacey and Two-bit burst through the door holding a blue bundle. Lacey looks up at us and smiles, "I'd like you guys to meet Toby Mathew, our newest gang member."

"Little mickey," Two-bit looks down at his son. Of course he calls him Mickey.

I walk over to them looking down at the sleeping baby boy. He's so cute, "hi Toby. Welcome to the gang little guy. You're gonna love it here almost as much as we love having you here. This is your Auntie Delilah. We all love you even Auntie Desiree did."

I smile as he yawns his little fingers going into his mouth. Dally walks over towering over him as he put his hand on my shoulder, "he sure is cute...aye?"

"Yea," Daisy walks over grabbing my hand. I look out at the gang. It's weird to think that as we all fall apart everything also comes together. "He's gonna be the glue to hold this gang together. I'm telling ya."

I shake my head as tears fill my eyes, "no, he's not because, even without him we'd stick together. We'll always stick together because like it or not we need each other and like it or not we're a family. We're all stuck together by the word Greaser."

"Damn kid," Dally snickers. "When did you get all wise? Last time I checked you were just a wise ass."

"Ha! Ha! Ha! Very funny," I state sarcastically as I roll my eyes. "I can be wise. I just choose not to."

"Wanna hold him?" Two-bit asks. I look back to see Daisy bouncing Toby on her hip, cradling him, laughing as he laughs, and playing with him. She's a natural. I want to be a mom....maybe someday.

I sit down next to Steve and he kisses my cheek, "this is our first night in our little apartment and our second night as a married couple."

"Are you suggesting...." I trail off blushing.

He smirks, "hey, it's not like we didn't do it last night."

I push him playfully, "Stevie."

"Look around us at this gang," he sighs. "We're all in such different places in life. How are we all still one?"

I look around and release it's true. Dallas is a single father who's girlfriend/baby mama just dumped him. Darry's girlfriend just gave her heart to me leaving his girlfriend dead and him in mourning while he raises two kids due to his parents death. Johnny is in his own little la la land with his girl Lucy, he gets beat at night, but ever since Lucy he seems really happy. Two-bit just had a baby boy and is in love with his girlfriend/baby mama. Sodapop just got back with his ex-girlfriend who was just in a mental hospital. Ponyboy is with Alison, still in school, straight A student with a ton of potential and he still has everything going for him. Steve just married me and is working full time at the DX to pay for rent for him and I. Daisy just got out of a mental hospital for attempt of suicide and she's in love with her best friend Sodapop who she just started to date. I just got married, just got over cancer, almost died, and I know what I want now. We've all been apart of the gang since day one and look at how different we all are.

As for the new gang members. Lucy seems to be happy dating Johnnycakes, but she's in a foster home. Lacey just gave birth and is in love with Two-bit. Charlottle just ran away from us and is nowhere to be found although she has a kid here and the love of her life is here, so she'll be back. Alison seems to be perfect dating Ponyboy although she's mourning over Dez and is in a foster home. Now lastly the last person in or who was in our gang is Desiree and she gave up her life for mine.

I turn to Steve after pondering over all of it, "yeah, that's weird."

Sorry I know this chapter sucks, but it was just a filler. The rest of the book is gonna mostly focus on Charlie and Dally, but it'll have Soda and Daisy/Steve and Delilah in it. It's almost over though!  How insane is that? I started writing this all the way back in may! It's soo long like some chapters have six pages. I don't know to me it's insane. I hope you guys liked this suck-ish chapter. Stay gold. Do it for Johnny!
-Beth