25 || Anybody Can do a Dare

#DoubleUpdate This is what summer does. lol.

Del's P.O.V.

I sit at the Curtis house on the floor as we all pound down beers to wash the sad day of Daisy's suicide away. "Let's play truth or dare!" Steve slurs. 

We all nod forming a circle around the floor and the only sober person there, Charlie watches Claire as she falls asleep in her arms. "You first Steve," Dally smiles trying not to spill his beer. "It was your idea, my friend."

Steve smirks as he turns to me, "Delilah, my love truth or dare."

"Fuck it!" I yell. "Truth. Not dare even though we all say truth is for whimps. Anybody can do a dare. It takes a true person to answer 100% honestly."

"Who do you love?" He asks with a pleased smirk on his face.

"My sister who just tried to kill herself," I chug down a beer at the thought of her, "and you. I love Steven Randle and I hate him for it, but I love him. Steve, truth or dare?"

"Nah man, give it anybody else. I just went," he replies.

I turn to Lacey, "Lacey truth or dare?"

"Dare," she smirks.

"I dare you to tell everybody the one hundred percent truth of what happened with you and Sodapop," I grab another beer chugging it down also. I don't care anymore. "Tell everybody why you hurt Daisy so much. Tell the whole gang because, it still baffles me. I dare you to tell everybody the whole entire story." 

She gulps, "we went out together and we lied. We lied about where we were going and who we were seeing to everybody. I was going to see my parents and Soda was visiting his parents graves. We were into each other. Something about each other sparked each other's interest and we knew it was wrong. He didn't, no sorry he doesn't know what being in love is like, mean while Two and I were going through a rough patch. I wasn't sure if we were gonna be in love a few months from then. I asked Soda about the future and he told me about Daisy. He vented telling me he didn't know where they were going or what was happening with her. He told me she was hurting. I don't know why, but we started talking about love. I asked if I loved Two or...Then at the same time we said you." She takes a deep, shaky breath before looking up at me tears in her eyes, "please, don't make me say it."

Soda looks over at me, "c'mon loosen up Delilah."

"NO!" I scream as tears stream down my cheeks. "I need to know. I need to know why she did what she did! This is a big part of it! Tell me! You chose Dare."

"This isn't a dare though," she pleads. "It's a cruel truth."

"I dared you to tell me the full truth which is the scariest dare of all," I speak coldly. "Now say it. NOW! Tell me!"

She blinks away the tears as she continues shakily speaking, fighting back tears, "as we asked if we loved each other we looked into each other eyes and it was like a magnet. It was a magnet between our lips that we couldn't fight. They smashed together. It went on for too long and it became intimate. He pulled off my shirt not breaking kiss. We continue throwing off clothing not breaking the kiss until we're naked. Soda sat up yelling for me to wait. I knew it was wrong, I even said that it's wrong, but it felt right and Soda reminded me that. He pulled out a condom and we slept together on the beach knowing it was wrong." 

"You little slut," I roll my eyes. "Look what you did to Daisy."

"I'm sorry," she cries loudly.

"Whatever," I roll my eyes once again. "Just keep playing."

"T-t-truth or dare, D-d-dally?" She asks shakily as she cries.

"Dare," he grins recklessly. 

"I dare you to kiss anybody in this room," she smirks.

"Easy," he smiles leaning down to Charlie.

"Wait!" She yells. "Anybody, but Charlie, Claire, or Del and it has to be for one whole minute not 59 seconds, a minute."

He gulps as he walks over to Dez smashing his lips against hers kissing her for a second. As they pull apart Dally chuckles, "well this only seems right, Dez truth or dare."

"Truth," she laughs.

"Why do you like the uptight goof we call Darry?" He laughs.

 "I don't know," she shrugs. "He's sweet, protective, would do anything for anybody in this room, strong, tough,but has a soft spots, and his bark is worse than his bite...Alison truth or dare?"

Ali looks up from her book as she snuggles up to Ponyboy and she smiles slightly, "dare."

"I dare you to show us why Pony likes you so much, kiss him the way you would if nobody was watching," Dez smiles.

Alison blushes a deep red as I chuckle. She sits on his lap smiling as she stares in his eyes for a solid minute before smashing her lips against his. They kiss for a good three minutes before they break away gasping for air then she pecks him one last time before looking over at Steve, "Randle, truth or dare?"

"Truth," he slurs winking at me causing me to fake gag.

"Why did you let Evie live with you?" Ali asks coldly looking over to me smiling.

He frowns slightly, "I wanted to do the right thing. I don't know! When she looked at me with those helpless green eyes and pouted with a child in each hand, I couldn't help it. I had to say yes she was homeless! Why can't anybody see that?" His head turns to me, "truth or dare, my love."

I shrug not wanting to answer one of the questions going around truthfully, "dare."

"I dare you to wear no make-up for a day, to bake brownies and eat as many as you want. I dare you to tell a bitch what you think and how you truly feel. I dare you to laugh hysterically at what you find funny instead of covering it up and not worry if your face looks stupid when you sneeze or laugh or cough or anything. I dare you run around the lot with us and scream, to cry and let it all out, to kiss your  crush randomly, and speak your mind. I dare you to question the rules you think are stupid," he smiles. "I'm giving you the hardest dare of all. I'm daring you to be one hundred percent you and not care for one whole day."

"I think we should wrap it up here," Darry speaks. "This is just too much."

Wow! That was one intense game of truth or dare. Sorry this chapter really sucks, but it's just a filler to get us in the swing of everything being in Del's center. The next few chapters are gonna be centered around Del with some Daisy check-ups and Dally stuff in it just like before minus it was centered around Daisy. Then it will be Dally's time to shine. Stay gold. Do it for Johnny!
-Beth